News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

INSTALLED AIR LEVEL SHOCKS ON MY 78 CADILLAC

Started by R Schroeder, September 15, 2011, 11:21:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TJ Hopland

Maybe they just had a bunch of them laying around the warehouse.   
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

R Schroeder

cadillactim

I got that big spring in the adapter kit for my 95 Fleetwood, and the instructions said it is a replacement spring that goes in the black filter on the air compressor itself (where the air line attaches to the compressor).  You unscrew the big cap and replace the existing spring.  I didn't switch it out, but I think it helps regulate pressure to the rear shocks.
Tim Groves

R Schroeder

See, I knew there was an answer. I didn't get any directions with my kit, although they said on the front of the package to read all directions.
That's why I couldn't see where that went.
Thanks,
Roy

Just went down and looked at rhe manual. I see where it goes and what it does now.
Think I'll go out and put it in.
Thanks again.

Few hours later :
I looked at the spring that was in the unit, and the replacement spring. New one was much shorter and a lot harder to push, so I left the original factory spring in there.

TJ Hopland

So the spring fits inside that little plastic air tank looking thing?   I thought that was a dryer?  And it didnt come apart?
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

R Schroeder

T.J.
The tank has a end on it that screws off. At the bottom is the dryer, then the spring goes in.
The spring pushes dryer to hold it in , and on a flat plate  in cover,  that maintains 8 to 15 pounds of pressure.
You have to hold the tank and then unscrew the cover. If you try to unscrew the cover the tank will just turn.
Roy