News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

S.O.S. '53 Eldorado

Started by signart, October 21, 2011, 08:52:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gouldsom

holy hell, what a steal , I would have bought it for $20 grand, why didn't I get someone to bid on it for me, and then paid them a fee to ship it for me.

Quentin Hall

At the current exchange rate, that makes it about $12 600 Australian dollars. There are some things in life that it is better not to know . . . .
Hey Gouldsom, I thought you had died and gone to heaven !  You know you are always welcome to bring your $20k and come and sit in one of my cars ! Q
53 Eldo #319
53 Eldo #412.
53 Eldo #433
57 Biarritz
53 series 62 conv
39 Sixty Special Custom
57 Biarritz

rwchatham CLC 21892

WOW: If the buyer wants to sell it at a profit  contact me at  rwchathamemail addresses not permitted
R. Waligora

J I Garner CLC # 23406

Signart, I just sent you a PM.
J I Garner

signart

J I Garner I got your pm, I hope you got mine.   
I am sure the new owner will find out the true worth, and a very nice profit will be forthcoming as a result, when he is ready to sell.
Art D. Woody

John McLaurine CLC 17181

Wow, what an amazing story!  This really gets the "What-ifs" going on in my head.

Any idea how much more the auction would have gone, if there was a bidding contest?

How much did the 59 Eldorado auction go for?

Lastly, who was the auctioneer? Is there a webpage for this auction?

-John

signart

John, I am trying to forget about it. The more I think about it, the sicker I get. The '59 went for peanuts. If it's any consolation, it was a Cdv. with Eldo trim advertised and sold as Eldorado.  But Lord, the trim was mint, what's that worth? I don't even want to talk about it anymore. Art Woody
Art D. Woody