News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

67 Eldorado hood insulation

Started by LtDan560, November 17, 2011, 04:45:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LtDan560

I need to know how hood insulation is attached to a 67 Eldorado. There is metal shaped like an H in the middle. Do I unbolt that & put it over the insulation or there are 4 holes in that same H, do I use insulation clips for those holes? Are the clips round or square? It looks like the insulation is just tucked in the outside edges. Should I glue it also?
Does anyone have any pictures?
Thanks
Dan

Davidinhartford

The hood pad clips to the underside.   You can buy pre-cut ones online.   

Here are pics.

LtDan560

Thanks, I did by the precut one. It looks like you have 4 insulation clips & they look round. Are they round?
Did you glue it to the hood?

Viator Trudeau

A few years back I replaced the hood insulation on my 68 ELDO.   The bonding agent used at the factory between the two  hood stiffeners and the underside of the hood had hardened and allowed hood flutter at highway speeds.  I used 3M wind shield adhesive to re-glue the two surfaces.  It still keeps the hood from fluttering.  V.Trudeau