News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

1941 door limter area

Started by kkarrer, March 25, 2012, 11:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kkarrer

Hello,
      I'm putting my 41 coupe (6227D) together and one of the door swing limters is missing and on both sides the holes where the door swing limiter comes through the door, the area looks a bit naked, like something else (a rubber grommet perhaps) is missing.  Can any one supply me with a picture or a description what this should look like? I want to be sure I'm not missing anything.  I'm pretty sure that these would be identical on any 41, so the car need not be a coupe.
Thanks,
Ken Karrer 1941 6227D coupe
kkarrer@austin.rr.com

Paul Phillips

Ken
Attached are a couple pix, but maybe they will help a bit.  There is a rubber grommet that goes in the assy - ID appropriate for the limiter arm diameter and OD for the hole in the bracket at the front of the door.  I have not tried to source them yet, but McMaster is a likely start.

Paul
Paul Phillips CLC#27214
1941 60 Special (6019S)
1949 60 Special (6069X)
1937 Packard Super 8 Convertible Victoria
1910 Oakland Model 24 Runabout

kkarrer

Paul,
      Thanks for the reply.  I'm surprised that the assembly on my 41 6227 D coupe is so different.  The limiter itself is similar, but in my car, insided the door, it's actually encapsulated in a spot welded housing.  The door has two access panels, but you can't see the inner housing without peering in at an angle with a flashlight.  I'm most concerned about what goes in the hole at the front of the door as mine has nothing in it.  I'll try your suggested source as I've seen nothing in Steele's catalogue.
Take care and thanks again,
Ken Karrer 1941 6227 D coupe