News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

57 fuel pump push rod

Started by Scott Robinson, April 01, 2012, 04:54:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott Robinson

does anyone know if the fuel pump push rod from a 56 365cu is the same length as a 57 365cu.Mine from the 57 looks like someone has welded a filler weld on the top and after running it for about 30mins. the pumps "rocker" or part which meets the rod had snapped off,I have a 56 which I thought I could put in but want to make sure it is correct
or the actual length of the 57 rod would also do

thanks Scott
1956 biarritz
1957 coupe deville
CLC member south Australia

M. Bankes

Hi,
Yes, they are the same lenght, I have taken ones out of each year, and can tell you for sure they are the same,
Thanks
Michael B

Scott Robinson

thanks Michael,I found in the manual that they should be between  7.1425" and 7.1475" long (not much tolerance) someone has welded 0.232" on to mine for some reason,hence the broken pump I am guessing.I will pull the 56 one out and use that for now.
I see kanter sell new ones $27 and a new pump

cheers from Australia,Scott
1956 biarritz
1957 coupe deville
CLC member south Australia

M. Bankes

Hi,
No problem, I am sure I have a used '57 if you decide you need another one :) but I know your '56 will work,
Michael B