News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Value of a 1956 flower car?

Started by Bob Hoffmann CLC#96, September 04, 2012, 10:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

I won't know who the body builder is until Friday. Missing engine, instrument cluster & not sure what else. Restoration or rod material?
Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

Davidinhartford

A real commercial chassis flower car is rare and desirable.   Only a handful are made each year.   By handful I mean single digits usually.     

BUT..... they are usually in tough shape by design.   These cars carried flowers more than um, clients.   The flower petals would get washed out of the rear bed after each funeral.    Even though the rear compartment was stainless steel, the drains just let the water run out onto the frame and body.   It is not uncommon to find the rear compartment area floating loose on the body because the mounts are long rusted away.  Some severe examples you can grab the rear quarters and wave the body as the quarters are not held by much.

The exceptions are the cars pulled out of service young and go right into a collectors hands.   The PCS club has some of the best ones around.

Value?    Very hard to place a value on a car with few changing hands, not to mention a limited market.   But condition is the most important factor.   The S&S built cars (by Hess and Eisenhardt) are the best built in most peoples opinion.

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Guys,
Here's the report. My friend looked at the car today. It's a TOTAL hack job! A cut off 6019X mounted on a Ford F250 chassis.
Bob

N Kahn

Bummer, real ones can be quite elegant.
Is it not even good for parts?

Cadcliff

Bob-

I assume we are referring to the NoCal auction with all those "wonderful" cars?? :-)
Cliff Graubard
CLC #1430

1955 Cadillac Broadmoor Wagon x3
1956 Cadillac Broadmoor Wagon- One of two
1955 Eldorado- bronze
1961 Cadillac Biarritz-bucket seats
1964 CDV- Silver/Red Every option
1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz
1940 and 1941 60S
1961 Cadillac Convertible
1965 Cadillac Convertible

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Nadeem,
It's good for regular 56 parts.
Cliff,
Yes, that's the auction. You going to buy it?
Bob