News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Parts vendors questions

Started by 52Cadillac, October 21, 2012, 08:17:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

52Cadillac

No need to mention the company.
I've inquired about needing a Jack for my 52. They sent me an email originally stating they had one for a $100. Well I tend to get busy with projects on the 52 and my 64 Corvair Spyder Convertible, and life in general. So I'm not very well organized type of guy. I tend to on occasion forget things, and as a result inquired agin on the Jack. I forgotten I'd already asked about it previously, until I sent the second email. So now the price is $250. A $150 dollar increase. They will not send pics, except to say its from a genuine 52 in good shape. I've had a bit of trouble locating one unless I'm willing to pay 250 +shipping. I wonder if this happens a lot in our projects. Some folks have no honor. I would normally move on to another supplier, but when there is limited parts availability, do ya bite the bullet and then move on?
If I could just get my hands on the guy who stole my Jack I would be extremely satisfied.
Thanks, Mike
SemperFiFund.org
(Helping combat injured Marines)

R Schroeder

Personally I wouldn't deal with someone like that at all no matter how much I needed the part.
I had a fella email me that he had a part I needed, and when I emailed back, he never answered me again. What was that all about ?
Good things come to those who wait. Although you may want the correct jack, I'm sure you can get by until a better deal comes along.
How in the world did the original get taken anyway ?
Roy

52Cadillac

I took her to a popular tire place to have new tires put on and left it for the work to be done. Later discovered the Jack was missing. Of course they claim it wasn't there. I have the base only now.
SemperFiFund.org
(Helping combat injured Marines)

R Schroeder

I see. I was wondering how that happened.