News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

September 2012 North Texas Region CLC Newsletter

Started by Bill Levy CLC # 25695, December 06, 2012, 07:52:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Levy CLC # 25695

Attached is the September 2012 issue of the North Texas Region Cadillac & LaSalle newsletter.  I am a few days early â€" I got excited about this issue and could not wait to get it in the email. 8-)

To begin I assembled a story about one of our member’s super1942 Cadillac Series 61.  You don’t see many rare  ‘42 Cadillacs, or any other 1942 car because of the war.  This one is a real nice, restored car.

Then there is some important information about the General Meeting, Sunday, Sept 23rd on page 3.  There are some pictures from one our local car show producer’s Cadillac night on that page also. That was a fun evening.

On page 4 there is a further discussion on name tags.  I am getting orders, but I am missing the car picture, or I am missing your payment.  Turnaround when I order is fast, but I need your help with this.  Also on page 4 is a story written by our club vice president about his first car.  Jim is a member of the Early V8 Ford club and an AMC club, so we place him as an equal opportunity car lover.

Page 5 is a description of our up coming events. This is also recapped on page 10 for easy reminding you of what’s happening so you will be there.

Important â€" the date for the Regional Meet at Sewell Cadillac has been changed to October 20th.  OK, you have been informed.  Now, bring your favorite Caddy and be there.

On page 6 I thought you might be interested in the 2015 Grand National news, as the event moves westward and easier for us to get to.

O n page 9 &10 is the Regional Meet flyer again with a new date and guess what??? â€" no charge for the meal.  Our friends at Sewell Cadillac will provide burgers and dogs for the supper. This will also include water, tea and coffee, so if sodas are your thing, bring your own.

Last â€" for you early morning Saturday risers, this Saturday is Cars and Coffee, Spring Creek and the Tollway (6800 Dallas Parkway, Plano TX). 8 am â€" Noon.  Get in there NLT 7:30 for a reserved spot on Cadillac Row as the lot fills up fast after 6:45 am.  Email lifer@writeme.com that you will be there.  Note â€" there usually 700-850 fine automobiles there each show.  Lots to see.  And it looks like 2 â€" 4 thousand people view and enjoy the cars.  Since we are in a special location we get a lot of lookers.  So if you really enjoy showing off your ride, this is one of the best.

I hope you enjoy reading this newsletter as I do in putting it together.
B. Levy
41 61S Fastback
68 Sedan DeVille
68 Coupe DeVille
73 Fleetwood Brougham
01 Eldorado ETC
06 STS 1SG