News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Trim Code 74

Started by sfox77, December 17, 2012, 12:34:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sfox77

Can anyone tell me what a trim code of 75 means for a 1947 Cadillac Series 62 convertible?

Thanks!

Steve Fox

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Steve,
Trim code 75 : It's tan bedford cord. No leather trim. Trim code 74 is gray bedford cord.
HTH, Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

sfox77

Thanks Bob. Will it hurt the restoration value if I put leather seats in her? It won't match the tag.

Steve Fox

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Steve,
I'll probably get some flak from others but here goes. First a little history. WW2 was over in 1945. Our wonderful government STILL  had leather,& other items, on a rationing list in 1947... So... it forced auto makers to put lots of cloth in convertibles. I would do my car in full leather unless you're going for 100 points. Also, if you decide to do some changes, don't worry about what the data plate says. Just do it.
HTH, Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

sfox77

Thanks. I'd like to get 100pts. but I think a car like this should have the best treatment. I agree with you and I want to do leather. I appreciate your input. 

Thanks,

Steve Fox