News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Looking for information on destination code for my 57 Cadillac

Started by Bill Balkie 24172, December 27, 2012, 02:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Balkie 24172

Hello ,
  Every 6 months i post this request hoping someone will be able to help .  The destination code on my 57 Cadillac is MCD . Does any body know the meaning of that code ? I have added a picture  from the build sheet .  i would really like to know where my car started it's life .

Thanks,
      Bill
Bill Balkie
1970 Coupe DeVille
2009 CTS

C.R. Patton II

Hello Bill

I may have an answer to your question.

I spent my off day from work today at the intellectually stimulating Cadillac & LaSalle Club Museum & Research Center archives in Dexter, Michigan.

One of these could be the destination of your vehicle.
Municipal Corparation of Delhi or the Marine Corps District.

Don't forget your 2012 pledge to the CLCMRC!
All good men own a Cadillac but great gentlemen drive a LaSalle. That is the consequence of success.

Bill Balkie 24172

Hello C. R. ,
  Thank you for your response , both places look a little strange to ship a 57 Cadillac Biarritz .  But stranger things have happened .No one else has been able to decode this shipping destination .Who knows it might of been   a gift   to the Municipal Corporation of Delhi or something to do with the marines . I would think it would of been shipped to a dealer first to be prepaired . very interesting . thanks Again

Bill
Bill Balkie
1970 Coupe DeVille
2009 CTS

R Schroeder

I put MCD location, in Google and came up with , MERCED California.
Roy

David King (kz78hy)

I looked at the 58 Cadillac club site that has a great listing showing codes, but that one is not there.

David
David King
CLC 22014  (life)
1958 Eldorado Brougham 615
1959 Eldorado Brougham 56- sold
1960 Eldorado Brougham 83- sold
1998 Deville d'Elegance
1955 Eldorado #277
1964 Studebaker Commander
2012 Volt
CLCMRC benefactor 197

Director and Founder, Eldorado Brougham Chapter
Past President, Motor City Region

Rare Parts brand suspension parts Retailer via Keep'em Running Automotive

Bill Balkie 24172

David ,
   The fact that it is not listed really makes me want to know more about it . Could it be a misprint on the build sheet ?  There has to be a answer for this code .

Bill
Bill Balkie
1970 Coupe DeVille
2009 CTS

R Schroeder

Found another location for MCD

MCD

Mackinac Island, MI

Mackinac Island

USA

Bill Balkie 24172

Hello Roy,
  Are those code's authentic  G. M. shipping Destinations ? or are they just  general abbreviations  for a location like an airport code ?

Thanks,
      Bill
Bill Balkie
1970 Coupe DeVille
2009 CTS

David King (kz78hy)

Quote from: Roy Schroeder on December 28, 2012, 12:35:22 PM
Found another location for MCD

MCD

Mackinac Island, MI

Mackinac Island

USA

Since cars are not allowed on the Island, I doubt the car was delivered there.

David
David King
CLC 22014  (life)
1958 Eldorado Brougham 615
1959 Eldorado Brougham 56- sold
1960 Eldorado Brougham 83- sold
1998 Deville d'Elegance
1955 Eldorado #277
1964 Studebaker Commander
2012 Volt
CLCMRC benefactor 197

Director and Founder, Eldorado Brougham Chapter
Past President, Motor City Region

Rare Parts brand suspension parts Retailer via Keep'em Running Automotive

R Schroeder

Yes Bill, they are airport codes and railroad codes , I guess.
Didn't know if GM used the same ones.
Roy

R Schroeder

I did find this site, and at the bottom is some info. There is no MCD on the list, but I see now where the codes were different from the cities.

I know its frustrating when you want info and cant find it. I know where my car was sold, but cant get any info as to who bought it.......ha

http://www.1958cadillac.com/members/technical/T1.html

Bill Balkie 24172

Hello Roy,
  Thanks so much for that information you sent . There is over 130 destination codes none are MCD . However my car does have a very old decal on the windshield that is from the Antique Automobile club Wisconsin . The code for Madison Wisconsin  MAD . Maybe this is a typographical error.

Thanks Again ,
         Bill
Bill Balkie
1970 Coupe DeVille
2009 CTS

R Schroeder

The only other thing I found relating to GM, was a reference to Motor Carrier Division.
Supposedly over size loads were put together and submitted to Motor Carrier Division , for shipment.
Other than that , it has me guessing.
Roy