News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

59 series 62, 4 window sedan interiors

Started by Makandriaco, January 25, 2013, 12:05:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Makandriaco

Hi, just purchased this car and I want to partially restore it for the time being, later will do it full. The paint color is 40 (Gotham Gold) but I would like to know what the original colors for the interiors were. How chan I know that?
thank you
1959 Series 62 4 Window Sedan

Always loved Cadillacs.

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Hello and welcome to the CLC Forum. To determine the interior as originally built you need to check the data plate located on the cowl. It's on the driver's side at the base of the windshield visible with hood open. Get the "Trim" code and I'll let you know what it is.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

C.R. Patton II

Hello Mr. Todd

Congratulations on your Cadillac purchase.

Please join our national organization and a local region to enjoy all the benefits of membership.

You need to decode your body plate to determine the original factory specifications for your vehicle. I would suggest that you acquire:

(1) Cadillacs of the fifties by Roy Schneider
(2) Cadillac Shop Manual 1959
(3) Cadillac Service Manual 1959

These books plus the time with CLC members that are 1959 familiar will increase your knowledge. I look forward to seeing your car and meeting you at the Grand National in Boston this summer.
All good men own a Cadillac but great gentlemen drive a LaSalle. That is the consequence of success.

Makandriaco

Thank you for your fast responses.

My guess is that my car will still be in the shop for this year's, but I will do my best to have it ready for '14.

Plate says:

CADILLAC DIV. GENERAL MOTORS CO.
DETROIT, MICHIGAN
STYLE 59-6239 BODY FW       3
TRIM 35            PAINT 40
TOP        ACC.    EHKSXY
THIS CAR FINISHED WITH
Magic-Mirror ACRYLIC LACQUER
BODY BY FISHER

From this I know the body color is the pale yellow, officially named Gotham Gold. The body is rusted in some parts and the color faded all over but it still has the original paint. The seats and dashbord appear to be some kind of beige/brown. But I would like to know what exactly should I ask for if the car is to be restored to it's original form.

THanks again.
Ric.

Always loved Cadillacs.

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Breakdown is as follows.

Trim 35 - "Fawn Mojave Cloth & Fawn Coated Fabric"

Your accessories are as follows:

E - E-Z Eye Glass

H - Heater

K - Air Conditioner

S - Remote Control Trunk Lock

X -  Power Window Regulators

Y -  6-Way Front Seat Adjuster

Style: 59-6239 - 1959 Series 62 Sedan 4 Window

Hope this helps.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Makandriaco

It helps a whole lot. thank you very much.

I looked for the 50's book by Roy Schinder. I found it used for $350.00. I do not think I would purchase it at that price.  ;)

How can I join the organization and where it the closest region? I am virtually in El Paso, TX

Always loved Cadillacs.

C.R. Patton II

Hello Ric

Glad to read your interest and enthusiasm regarding our club.

To join our national organization go to the CLC Home page-Join/Renew. If my geographic skills are working after Happy Hour it appears that the closest CLC region to your location is Alburquerque. Please contact the Southwest Director Tim Coy 303-673-0011. He is a great guy.

You can find inexpensive copies of the shop and service manuals on eBay.The Cadillacs of the Fifties book is written by ROY SCHNEIDER. This guy is a longtime CLC member who has written numerous GREAT books about our brand. His experience and research is fantastic. The $350 amount is an extreme. I would hunt various bookstores to acquire. I found one for $175. If my house caught on fire I would retrieve my LaSalle, Schneider books and then my wife.

Be patient and persistent but remember we are here to assist you.
All good men own a Cadillac but great gentlemen drive a LaSalle. That is the consequence of success.