News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1969 Coupe DeVille Tachometer inside clock case

Started by Mihai Tarţa, April 03, 2013, 05:22:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mgbeda

That looks fantastic!

May I ask, when you printed out the tach face did you print all the black onto a white piece of paper, or do you have a way of printing white on black paper?

-mB
-Mike Beda
CLC #24610
1976 Sedan DeVille (Bessie)

bcroe

That is a great upgrade!  I did similar things with the clock, because the digital
tuning AM/FM/cassette radio I put in had a good clock.  Bruce Roe

Mihai Tarţa

Quote from: mgbeda on April 11, 2013, 02:28:33 PM
That looks fantastic!

May I ask, when you printed out the tach face did you print all the black onto a white piece of paper, or do you have a way of printing white on black paper?

-mB

Thanks!
The print is black over white paper. Actually, I've tried both paper and a kind of thin plastic film (also self-adhesive ) but I went with the plastic because it's more durable and easy to clean. The only downside is that the black is not as deep on the plastic as it is on the paper, but I can live with that.
AFAIK his plastic film is used for outdoors posters and ad signs.
1969 Coupe DeVille
1976 Eldorado Convertible

Oradea, Romania

Mihai Tarţa

I managed to install the tach and it works fine, but I didn't pay enough attention to what the manual said and I ended up removing way too many parts in order to get to the clock  ;D
The only problem that I still have is the light. The face of the tach sits too tight against the front frame and doesn't allow for enough light to come through. I think this will be easily fixed by installing some clear plastic spacers at the corners, between the face and the frame. I'll also post some night pics when I'm done.
1969 Coupe DeVille
1976 Eldorado Convertible

Oradea, Romania