News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Are there any good electric motor rebuilders out there?

Started by N Kahn, May 06, 2013, 04:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

N Kahn

The utterly unavailable rear vent window motor on the driver's side of my 1960 Eldorado Brougham only goes in one direction, it won't reverse, it's a screw type, who can fix this?

Thanks in advance

cadillactim

Are you sure it's the motor?  Is there power getting  to the vent motor when the switch is pressed.  One wire makes the motor move in one direction, and the other wires makes the motor move in the opposite direction.  The motor is grounded through its body.

Tim
Tim Groves

N Kahn

Tim, I had yanked it and bench tested it last week and it was going only one way when wired to one of the terminals, the other terminal did nothing. against my better judgement I took the lid off and realized there was no way I was going to get the brushes back on so I took it to an old timey shop called moonlight Starter and Generator.
This morning the fella told me he put new brushes in it but it wasn't working and come get it, no charge.
Anyhoo, I bought it home just now and thought let's test it again just for fun, and lo and behold it's working like it's supposed to.

Ralph Messina CLC 4937

Nadeem,

There are enough electrical accessories on your Brougham that you may want to keep this source for future reference.

General Electric Specialty
181-04 Jamaica Ave
Jamaica NY 11423
718-658-2441

I don’t know whether they are still in business, but I used them many years ago to repair some small specialty motors and solenoids. The work was first class and I thought the price was reasonable for unique parts. The fellow I dealt with was Gus Johanson.

HTH,
Ralph

1966 Fleetwood Brougham-with a new caretaker http://bit.ly/1GCn8I4
1966 Eldorado-with a new caretaker  http://bit.ly/1OrxLoY
2018 GMC Yukon