News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1941 Deluxe ventilating heater

Started by steve340, May 31, 2013, 09:53:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve340

I just read in the Self Starter today about this heater being rare but it looks just like the one in my car. Did not many come with this style heater?

Barry M Wheeler #2189

Does yours have the cast attachment on the side? That is what makes it relatively rare. The attachment on the side leads to a 3" diameter tube into the engine compartment through the firewall, and from there to the silencer tube on the inner fender. The ventilating attachment was attached to the very common box heater. I would appreciate responses from people who do have cars with the fresh air attachment, as several people more knowledgeable than I haven't seen one.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Barry,
Nice article in the SS. My experience regarding these heaters has been quite different. I've had & seen many 41's with the ventilating heater. 2 of my 41's have them. I've seen very few non ventilating heaters. I've had some with the hole punched & the plate you mention. I've had only one 41 with the automatic system, but it seems every ebay car has one.
I'm VERY surprised that both Doug & Ed have never seen one.
I'm always willing to talk 41's if you or anyone else has a question.
Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

steve340

You can see it better from here.

gary griffin

Interesting heaters, but I have two 1942  6719  models, one under restoration and one parts car. I have heater one like that and one with only one door.  Very interesting, anybody have any comment on that?
Gary Griffin

1940 LaSalle 5029 4 door convertible sedan
1942 Cadillac 6719 restoration almost complete?
1957 Cadillac 60-special (Needs a little TLC)
2013 Cadillac XTS daily driver

Barry M Wheeler #2189

Hi Gary, Could you post a picture of the one with only one door, and the control to the left of the steering column. From what I can see in the Master Parts Book, they did not offer a standard (box) heater like the one in my article for the big cars. They did offer an "adapter plate" for the Series  42-61. Can you send pictures to me of both cars by PM, as your car with the one "like" the one pictured shouldn't be in a Series 67. The 67/75 should have had the deluxe underseat type. But I've learned to "never" say one thing is absolute about the cars, especially in a war time year like 1942.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville