News:

Please note that the Forums will be in Maintenance Mode, i.e. not accessible, this coming Wednesday, May 15th, This is to make backups and carry out the changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members. The start of the transition is planned for around 9 a.m. EDT, and is expected to last between four and eight hours.

Main Menu

Regularity Rally in China - Who's Up? :)

Started by MichelleChina, May 29, 2013, 10:09:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MichelleChina

Hey guys,
here are some details about a classic car rally in China in October this year.

It's an international rally across the heartland of China (formerly called China Rally of International Classic Cars).
It's actually the biggest event of classic cars in China and in 2012, there were 40 cars from 16 countries and 7 car manufacturers participating.

Famous personalities such as Prof. Dr. Jochem Heizmann from Volkswagen, former Formula 1 driver Hans-Joachim Stuck, Achim Stejslal from Porsche Museum and the first Chinese Formula 1 driver Hopin Tung were also there!

Name: CLASSIC CARS CHALLENGE CHINA (4C)
Website
: http://www.classiccarchina.org/2012/

Dates: 9-21 October 2013

Itinerary:
Beijing â€" Tianjin â€" Qingdao â€" Lianyungang â€" Nanjing â€" Hangzhou â€" Shanghai
(total distance: approx. 1600 km)

Registration Fee: 7998 Euros/vehicle (two people). Five-star hotels with meals along the whole journey, luxury exhibitions in Beijing, Qingdao and Shanghai, various ceremonies and parties, tourism along the route, pre-event training, maintenance and assistance, documents from the Chinese Customs and government, insurance for vehicles and participants, etc. are included……please refer to the website or contact the organizer for more information.

The Organizer: Classic Vehicle Union of China (CVUC) is the only national official non-profit organization in the field of historic vehicles in China and the Chinese National Authority of FIVA (Fédération Internationale des Véhicules Anciens) since 2009.

Contacts:
Michela or Juliet: autohelper@sina.com , china.classiccar@hotmail.com
Michela Cera

52Cadillac

I'm in for spreading the American dream in China. Nothing like a Cadillac to help with that. Ok who's gonna be my Sponsor. Ill also need my Fav craft beers. Such as Son of a Peach, or Goose Island.

Lets see that's about 10352.61 USD. Plus car transportation to China from US, plus airfare, plus plus plus. My sponsor would need at least 25k USD.
Thanks, Mike
SemperFiFund.org
(Helping combat injured Marines)

MichelleChina

Hey there  :)
A Cadillac in China would certainly be terrific! Chinese people don’t really get to see a lot of that, especially in some countryside areas where the rally goes through.

As for the budget, I don’t think it will get up to 25k USD. Consider that the registration fee is for two people and includes:
- Accommodation for 12 days, training and tourist programs (standard room in 5-star hotels; in cities without 5-star hotels, the Organizer will choose the best hotel available with a minimum rating of 4 stars);
- Entry permit for vehicle;
- Driving permit for vehicle;
- Temporary driving license for participant;
- Breakfast, dinner and packed lunch on competition days; breakfast, lunch and dinner on all other days;
- Administrative and technical checks;
- Training;
- Participation in the opening ceremony, closure ceremony and other large-scale events along the route;
- Backup and security service during the whole event;
- Tourist programs and main entrance tickets;
- Public insurance;
- Insurance for vehicles and participants;
- Gifts and souvenirs.

As for transportation, prices from the US for a 40 ft. container (2 vehicles) are not too crazy at the moment and plane tickets can be found for cheap if booked on time.
I suggest you visit http://www.classiccarchina.org/2012/ and contact the organizers at china.classiccar@hotmail.com to have all the necessary materials.

And of course, if you find a sponsor, all the better ;) Many enterprises looking at the Chinese market participate in the rally as a form of advertisement through China’s richest areas!!
Michela Cera

52Cadillac

Sounds good. Im packing. I'm just waiting for the guys here to pony up the sponsor $$. Can I bring my Bible?
Mike
SemperFiFund.org
(Helping combat injured Marines)

MichelleChina

Hehe :) Or, you can see if any of your friends want to go with you and you can share the costs...
anyway, sure you can bring your Bible to China, why?
I think it's interesting to read the FAQs on this page http://www.classiccarchina.org/2012/list.php?catid=75 , there's actually many interesting facts about China...
Michela Cera