News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1965/66 coupe wanted for display

Started by phildeville@cox.net, June 10, 2013, 05:49:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phildeville@cox.net

CLC Members,

I received a call from GM Heritage Center looking for a #1 - 65/66 coupe, preferably w/o vinyl top, for the Cadillac display @ Pebble Beach C d’E.  They will transport, detail and furnish event tickets to owners.  Silver w/ red interior is preferred, but consideration will be given to all cars of concourse quality.

If interested, please contact by e mail, including photos, ASAP.                                                   

phildeville@q.com is my direct e mail

THX,

Phil Terry
CLC WRVP
Phil Terry  CLC# 15270

Louis Smith

While it is a great honor for one to have their car used for "display", there can be some "problems" that can occur.  Nothing major, but could cause some aggravation for the owner.  The one thing to remember is that once you turn your car over to some group or organization, for all intents and purposes, your car is "out of your hands" and watchful eye.  This is not to say, that you car is going to be wrecked or trashed.  I am just suggesting that whoever you turn your car over to, will not give it the TLC you would.  I have read and heard of stories of people that have had their cars as display or in a movie, and had some issues with the organization they turned the keys over to.  Most times when cars are used for these purposes, they are usually turned over to "car jockeys" to place and move the cars.

With all that said, I would add that with an event such as the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance, and an admission price of over $200.00, ones car would be given the utmost care.

phildeville@cox.net

Apparently, Mr. Smith doesn't possess the Cadillac required.  This post does NOT require online replies.  Interested parties should contact me directly.

Phil
Phil Terry  CLC# 15270