News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

'77 Coupe deVille Black, 18,000 miles - All finished

Started by Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621, October 31, 2013, 02:50:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

R Schroeder

Louis, Eric's steering wheel is original. All of the interior is original.
I'm sure when he wakes up , he will tell you.......ha
It is a beautiful car.
Roy

Dan LeBlanc

Eric, I'm very glad this is the car you're bringing to the GN.  Can't wait to see it in all of its newness.  You'll do well in judging I suspect.
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Quote from: Louis J. DeMatteo on November 03, 2013, 08:01:16 PM
OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SIMPLY OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!!!!
Where did you find the steering wheel trim. I had a 77 Sedan in Desert Rose Firemist for 18 years. I know how difficult it was to find then. When I installed a new one, I adding some double stick tape between it and the steering as a cushion so it wouldn't flex as much which is why they cracked so easily.
The tires are awesome, however I've heard that size with that white wall are fairly easy and inexpensive to find. My 235's are pricey now.
Again an absolutely magnificent machine. Thanks for sharing it.

Thank you Louis for your kind words as well to as all who've responded.

As Roy said, the wheel is totally original - as well as the rest of the car, with the exception of the rear filler panels which disintegrate with age and heat.

The tires are 215-75-R15 with 1.3" WW American Classic from Coker Tire and cost $665 for the set.

Although my dear friend Mulberry Roy above would disagree but I consider them absolutely necessary on Cadillacs of this generation.  8) 
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Davidinhartford

Absolutely beautiful!

Here is a resized version of your photo for easier viewing.

Thanks Dave.

Someday I need to get someone to show me how to post pictures on forums fully enlarged so the viewer doesn't need to click individually on each. It's been explained a dozen times but I just can't seem to get it to work.

Feel free to add them to your archive Dave.  ;D

**Hope you don't mind - I pasted your enlargement to the first post in this thread.

Davidinhartford

Davidinhartford

R Schroeder

Very nice spread Dave.

Just one question - what happened to the Sentinel, Guidematic and Cruise Control in the photo of the left dashboard pic? They're gone.

Davidinhartford

Quote from: ericdev on November 05, 2013, 12:15:34 PM
Very nice spread Dave.

Just one question - what happened to the Sentinel, Guidematic and Cruise Control in the photo of the left dashboard pic? They're gone.

Just wanted to see if you'd notice!   LOL

Here ya go!

Oh - ha ha.

Yes - just as sure as a shepherd would notice one of the flock has gone missing. lol.

Michael J. Cascio

Cant pull one over Eric's eyes! Especially when it comes to such important options such as Cruise Control.
-Mike

Thule

stunning,  what an nice example.

i really like the 77-90 cars. and have always done so, when i was growing up those where the caddys you saw on the street, they still have all the caddy looks and feel,

congrats on this one,
Ivar Markusson.  icelandic cadillac club (part of CLC)
73 Eldorado coupe.