News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

wires points and condensor

Started by Cooke, August 27, 2013, 07:51:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cooke

What would be the best wires to use in my 1938, 60S?? I would like to buy several feet at the NAPA parts store and make them up. I am just looking for driver quality wires  not looking for the correct period wires, just ones that work well. Thanks

harry s

I have found that 8mm copper wires work best with these cars. The silicone and graphite type wires don't seem to last or hold up.    Harry
Harry Scott 4195
1941 6733
1948 6267X
2011 DTS Platinum

TJ Hopland

For points and condenser the only brand that has still been good quality for me is Standard Ignition Blue Streak.   There used to be a lot of other good names but if they still exist they don't seem to be what they used to be.  Several times recently I have tried others and had issues till I went back to Standard.   Hopefully they make a set for your car.
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason