News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

A few Questions about my 59 Limo

Started by 59 DIRTY RAT, September 03, 2013, 08:25:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

59 DIRTY RAT

Thanks up front for helping if you can?
I have a 59 Fleetwood 75 Limo, any experts out there?

1. Is the front windscreen from the 75 limo the same as a coupe or sedan?
2. The back passenger windows on the 75 Limo, are they the same as a four door back passengers windows? (I have a crack in one)
3. Does anyone sell oil filters for the 59?
4. The back quarter windows in the 75 limo, how do they work? there is a lever next to the window, is that to lower the window? (I have a crack in one)
5. Who sells right hand mirrors?

Thats all for now, I will probably have more later
Andy
'59 Fleetwood 75 imperial limo
'69 Corvette 540ci 755hp
'72 Suburban 454ci

Bill Caddyshack

Quote from: 59 DIRTY RAT on September 03, 2013, 08:25:59 AM
Thanks up front for helping if you can?
I have a 59 Fleetwood 75 Limo, any experts out there?

1. Is the front windscreen from the 75 limo the same as a coupe or sedan?
2. The back passenger windows on the 75 Limo, are they the same as a four door back passengers windows? (I have a crack in one)
3. Does anyone sell oil filters for the 59?
4. The back quarter windows in the 75 limo, how do they work? there is a lever next to the window, is that to lower the window? (I have a crack in one)
5. Who sells right hand mirrors?

Thats all for now, I will probably have more later
Andy

Many glass shops will cut you a new window. Just take the old one to them. It may be difficult to find one that will have the little "LOF Logo" etched in the lower corner, but if you don't care, you should be able to get a new window for $50/$75 if you remove yours and it to take them. They should be able to match the tint.

McVeys should have the right side mirror.

Oil filters are readily available at Advance Auto, Autozone, about any auto parts store.

Shorty64cad

Hi Andy,

As you are in Australia, your best bet for service parts are companies such as All American Auto Parts or Automotive Technologies:

http://www.allamericanautoparts.com.au/

http://new.automotivetech.com.au/

Both are based in Ballarat, Victoria, and they will deliver to anywhere in Australia at reasonable prices.  They not only have service parts, but a whole range of replacement parts, such as water pumps, etc.  In fact, I just recently bought a complete engine rebuild kit for my 69 Eldo, including pistons, camshaft, etc, as well as new water pump, oil pump and fuel pump from All American and it was delivered in a day. 

Your windscreen is unique to the Series 75 cars and damn expensive to replace.  Right hand mirrors are as rare as rocking horse poo.

The back quarter vent window slides open by pulling back on the lever.  (I used to own a 64 Limo.)

Cheers,  Greg.
Greg Short.  Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
Member No. 26803
1969 Eldorado

59 DIRTY RAT

Thanks everybody! You all have been a great help!! :D :D
'69 Corvette 540ci 755hp
'72 Suburban 454ci

n2caddies

Opgi is reproducing the right hand mirrors and should be available in the next few months. The quality is excellent and the projected prices  are very inexpensive.
Original Parts Group
Randy
Randy George CLC# 26143
1959 Series 62 Convertible
1960 Series 62 Convertible
1964 Deville Convertible
2015 SRX

P W Allen CLC# 20193

Andy,

The windshield on the 59 series 75 cars are unique to that model. No others will fit according to the master parts book. There was part #475 4606 (Clear) and # 474 9918 EZ Eye (Tinted). 
Paul
53 Coupe
Twin Turbine

59 DIRTY RAT

I will have to physically compare some windscreens with other 59s to be sure I suppose?
And I will have to check with opg about the right mirror and may as well get a left new one will I'm at it!
Thanx guys
'69 Corvette 540ci 755hp
'72 Suburban 454ci

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Quote from: P W Allen CLC# 20193 on September 06, 2013, 10:33:59 AM
Andy,

The windshield on the 59 series 75 cars are unique to that model. No others will fit according to the master parts book. There was part #475 4606 (Clear) and # 474 9918 EZ Eye (Tinted).
Paul,
Not sure what MPB you're reading?? My 66 book shows 59-64 75 & CC, 1965 75.
Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.