News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1968 Eldorado Reproduction Parts Availability

Started by gregm, November 07, 2013, 11:43:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gregm

OK, I have taken inventory under the hood of my recently acquired Eldo and I want to correct some things under the hood.

I saw that upper and lower radiator hose with correct GM stamping, ribbed heater hoses and original style clamps are available.

The battery bugs me...what battery was original to the car? They make an R59 topper for GM muscle cars...how incorrect is it?:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1966-72-R-59-BATTERY-TOPPER-TOP-POST-NEW-/330339489207?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4ce9c495b7&vxp=mtr

What about a correct spring ring battery cables? I see cable sets with the wrong ends. I believe these will fit as the + cable is long for these Vettes haveing been moved to the interior compartment behind driver...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1968-1969-Corvette-Spring-Ring-Battery-Cables-/350850899141?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A1968%7CModel%3ACorvette&hash=item51b057dcc5&vxp=mtr

I can always cut the + to fit and reattach the fitting at starter end. 

Am I missing anything?
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. - Thomas Jefferson

gregm

I am going to continue this and all threads with questions under the "My First Caddy" theread in resto section. Please follow up there. 
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. - Thomas Jefferson