News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Installing 1955 reproduction rubber splash apron/sheilds

Started by 5390john, October 30, 2017, 11:05:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5390john

Hey out there in Caddy cyberspace.........
Need help to figure out how to install inner front fender rubber splash shields sourced from Rubber the Right Way. See attached, there are no instructions with the kit. There are 6 pcs to the kit, 3 pcs are used inside each front fender. The longest piece goes over the top A-arm with the long section pointing to the front of the car. The other two are what I need help with.
Anybody out there have photos or input on where these go and how they are oriented?
To quote Leia......"Help me Obi-Wan, you are my only hope"
John Adams
1955 CDV "Marilyn"

"Panic Accordingly"

Bob Kielar

Hope these pictures will help. I know when I did my 55 I could not figure out two of them in the kit and put them on the shelf. I used heavy staples and the original holes.

Keep Cruzin,
Bob Kielar
Keep Cruzin
1955 Cadillac Fleetwood

55 cadi

Rubber the right way has good tech support, they can sent you email of how most goes, or talk you through it, but those may be made by Steele rubber and they have great customer service also, just call them  you will get help also, most of what rubber the right way has is from Steele rubber

Jason
1955 Cadillac sedan series 62
1966 mustang convertible w/pony PAC, now in Sweden
2005 Cadillac deville

5390john

Bob:
THANK YOU for the going to the trouble of taking those great photos. Very Helpful.
John Adams
1955 CDV "Marilyn"

"Panic Accordingly"

Caddy Wizard

Here is one image I found that might be of some help...
Art Gardner

1955 S60 Fleetwood sedan (now under resto -- has been in paint shop since June 2022!)
1955 S62 Coupe (future show car? 2/3 done)
1958 Eldo Seville (2/3 done)

5390john

Hi Art:
This is also very helpful, thank you!!
John Adams
1955 CDV "Marilyn"

"Panic Accordingly"