News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Hershey Show

Started by Jeff Wilk, August 22, 2014, 09:30:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff Wilk

I am an AACA club member as well but never entered a car in the Bershey show. What has the experience been like for CLC members in comparison to our own GN's? 

I am thinking about entering our "Touring disqualified" 59 Fleetwood but am not sure what to expect......
"Impossible Only Describes The Degree Of Difficulty" 

Southern New Jersey

1959 Cadillac Fleetwood Sixty Special
1975 Eldorado Convertible (#12 made)
1933 Phaeton Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"
1933 Master Sedan Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"

SOLD
1976 Cadillac Mirage (factory authorized Pick-Up)
1958 Cadillac Sixty-Special
1958 Cadillac Sedan
1958 Cadillac Coupe Deville

Dan LeBlanc

It was interesting to say the least.  That's about all I can say here.
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

What to expect at Fall Hershey?

Lots of walking, talking, acres of everything car-related imaginable and...RAIN!  ;D

You will have such a great time there you will not even care whether your car places or not.

Seriously, your car has ZERO chance of being disqualified there as Hershey has completely different criteria than the CLC. (Not intended to be critical in any way to either Club)
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Jeff Wilk

Just to be clear, I am not being critical of the GN experience at all as I learned a lot. Ive been to Hershey several times and have walked the fields multiple times and know that part well.  Ive also been to the show as a spectator several times but never entered a car. Thats what I am curious about..... The judging experience for our Cadillacs when there are so many makes and models there.....
"Impossible Only Describes The Degree Of Difficulty" 

Southern New Jersey

1959 Cadillac Fleetwood Sixty Special
1975 Eldorado Convertible (#12 made)
1933 Phaeton Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"
1933 Master Sedan Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"

SOLD
1976 Cadillac Mirage (factory authorized Pick-Up)
1958 Cadillac Sedan
1958 Cadillac Coupe Deville

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Needless to say there will be some pretty stiff competition in your class.

I think the deadline may be up - but if not, have you considered the HPOF class since your car has a high degree of originality?
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Dan LeBlanc

My experience with AACA judging is this - what will lose you points at a Grand National may score you points at AACA (i.e.  glossy paint where the car would've had dull paint, such as inner fenders).  If you read the descriptions for the awards for class judging, the first two words of every description are "outstanding restoration."  It is very hard to win with an original car in class judging.  Trust me, I know.

HPOF is getting better.  They have multiple levels you can advance through like class judging now.  You start off with HPOF, then it goes HPOF original (where the car has to achieve a certain percent of originality), and then there's another level above that I believe.

As for this year, the deadline passed on August 15th and they are incredibly strict on that, so it is too late for this year.
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

Chuck Swanson

I am a recent AACA judge and have had cars judged in both, and in multiple classes, in AACA and CLC. (Have AACA Jr/SR and a HPOF and a CLC Past Pres Award). I've only started entering cars in National meets in 2011, so fairly new and still learning.  I am the youngest in my local AACA club, so maybe others that have attended many more of both can give more insight.  The judging process in AACA has many similarities.  The main differences in CLC is the mechanicals are checked, and you can enter a car in the Primary class AND Preservation at the same time. 

You can get disqualified in AACA, just like CLC.  Please see the AACA judges handbook here http://www.aaca.org/Meets/judging-guidelines.html Also to clarify, the paint/ glossy or not could also be an issue in both, but you need to read both manuals for details.  I think both clubs have done a great job on judging, and I agree that in both clubs they are living documents and always open to improving.   Feel free to send a PM as happy to discuss on phone if easier.  Yes, you missed the deadline this year for entering a car.   

Chuck

CLC Lifetime
AACA Lifetime
Like 65-66 Club: www.facebook.com/6566Cadillac
66 DeVille Convertible-CLC Sr Wreath, (AACA 1st Jr 2021, Senior 2022, 1st GN 2022 Sr GN 2023), Audrain Concours '22 3rd in Class.
66 Sedan DeVille hdtp
66 Calais pillar sedan
66 Series 75 9-pass limo
65 Eldorado (vert w/bucket seats)
65 Fleetwood
07 DTS w/ Performance pkg.
67 Chevy II Nova (AACA Sr GN 2018)
69 Dodge Coronet R/T

KD

whats the HPOF??
KD CLC#26801
Ken Dennison

1935 Auburn S/C Cabroilet
1940 Cadillac V16 7 passenger Imperial Sedan (9033)
1929 Ford Closed Cab Pick Up
1960 Austin Healey Sprite

Chuck Swanson

The AACA award HPOF =Historical Preservation Original Features
CLC Lifetime
AACA Lifetime
Like 65-66 Club: www.facebook.com/6566Cadillac
66 DeVille Convertible-CLC Sr Wreath, (AACA 1st Jr 2021, Senior 2022, 1st GN 2022 Sr GN 2023), Audrain Concours '22 3rd in Class.
66 Sedan DeVille hdtp
66 Calais pillar sedan
66 Series 75 9-pass limo
65 Eldorado (vert w/bucket seats)
65 Fleetwood
07 DTS w/ Performance pkg.
67 Chevy II Nova (AACA Sr GN 2018)
69 Dodge Coronet R/T

Barry M Wheeler #2189

You may wish to PM Richard Sills. He has had a lot of experience with the AACA.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville