News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

Selling Information to other members on this Forum

Started by johnregrus, February 01, 2014, 10:38:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Passmore

As you say Bob, no input from the original poster??     but lets remember one thing that seems to be forgotten throughout all this condemnation about people selling information on this forum, John sent him a personal message asking for this detail, whoever it was, he was not publicizing it for money on the forum.   I still recon its Oshawa >:D
Steve

Present
1937 60 convertible coupe
1941 62 convertible coupe
1941 62 coupe

Previous
1936 70 Sport coupe
1937 85 series V12 sedan
1938 60 coupe
1938 50 coupe
1939 60S
1940 62 coupe
1941 62 convertible coupe x2
1941 61 coupe
1941 61 sedan x2
1941 62 sedan x2
1947 62 sedan
1959 62 coupe

wrefakis

harvey b

I have heard that all the cadillacs were built in Detroit,but when 1 was shipped to Canada it was always routed through general motors in Oshawa,not sure if the car actually went there first or just the original paperwork,OWA could be the shorthand for Oshawa?.This is just what I have been told,My own 38 was marked that way,but it wound up in Montreal when it was new,Oshawa is not that far from there.We need some Canadian cars to find out more,Cars that were always here. Harvey
Harvey Bowness

cadillacmike68

Quote from: johnregrus on February 05, 2014, 11:23:39 AM
In reply to Bob asking for an update. There is really nothing much to report since I first posted.

I've received an email from a forum administrator asking me to forward that members reply suggesting I pay for the service which I did.

I've also received a couple of emails from other forum members guessing the members name that wanted the payment for the information on the district code I requested. They were right with his name.

One email stated that in the past he had provided plenty of information about district codes to that member now selling and then was treated poorly by him after the fact.

As far as receiving further correspondence from the party wanting to charge for the information; I've had none.

All the more reason to put the name out here so we can all stay away.
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

Dan LeBlanc

We have investigated the complaint and have learned that the CLCMRC does indeed request a nominal $5.00 donation to be made to the museum for research performed by the volunteers.  This donation goes directly to the CLCMRC to assist them in continuing their mission of preserving the rich history of Cadillac and LaSalle automobiles worldwide.  The staff of the museum are not compensated for performing these activities.
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

Dan LeBlanc

As a footnote, the person who asked for the fee charged only the nominal $5.00 that the CLCMRC asks as a research fee, and was certainly not doing so to enrich himself. That being said, however, such requests might obstruct the free flow of information that we presently have. We prefer that if you cannot provide the information requested of your own free will, that you not reply, and let someone else help the person requesting the info.

While the responder had the best interests of the Club at heart and was appreciated, his true purpose was misconstrued by enough persons using the Forum, that we request that asking for such “contributions” cease. The Forum is intended to disseminate information, not make money from doing so.
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car