News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Cadillac values

Started by tony m, March 09, 2014, 06:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tony m

My fellow Cadillac people,

Mopar (Dodge, Chrysler, etc.)values are down from where they were in the past, real estate values (homes, land) are supposed to be higher now.....where has the values of Cadillac cars gone per the market.......is the average value up or down.  I feel the antique car values in general are up.  What do the members of this organization think?

Regards,
Tony Menendez CCA

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

That's a highly loaded question - and very difficult to answer.

My personal observations have been the following - for whatever it may be worth:

Broadly speaking, I would say the old car market is up from, say 10 years ago.

Appreciation rates vary for individual models, makes and year.

Some vehicles have also depreciated over the same time period as well.

Collector emphasis on exceptional/pristine unrestored has gotten particularly strong over this period.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

C.R. Patton II

Hello Tony

Good question. I concur with Eric.

I would add that condition, season of sale, and rarity of the vehicle are the factors of value.
All good men own a Cadillac but great gentlemen drive a LaSalle. That is the consequence of success.