News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1940 LaSalle 5067 Trunk Weather Strip/Seal Mounting, and Hood Lacing... And...

Started by Bgrumka 24870, June 17, 2014, 04:20:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bgrumka 24870

Would anyone know if the 1940 LaSalle Series 50 Two Door Convertible (and Two Door) has the trunk weather strip mounted to the trunk lid itself or to the lower “trunk well”.  Seems I recall that for the four doors it's installed on the lower trunk well, but on the two doors it gets installed on the trunk lid. Would anyone have a picture. (I'm guessing 1939 would be the same)

Also would anyone have a picture showing the hood lacing installed for same car and how it's fastened?

And anyone know where the Trip Odometer gets fastened to the dash? Does it incorporate the right side (when sitting) Steering column mounting bolt?

And one more.. Would anyone know if 1940 LaSalle four door Series 5019 running-boards would fit 1940 two door series 50 LaSalle?

Thanks!
1940 LaSalle 5067

C.R. Patton II

Hello Bob

Glad to read you are improving your LaSalle.

The running boards are the same. Take a look at www.fzoldcars.com for the proper rubber location. Restorer Fred Zwicker shared a great template for others to follow.
All good men own a Cadillac but great gentlemen drive a LaSalle. That is the consequence of success.

las39

Quote from: C.R. Patton II on June 17, 2014, 10:09:50 PM

Hello Bob

Glad to read you are improving your LaSalle.

The running boards are the same. Take a look at www.fzoldcars.com for the proper rubber location. Restorer Fred Zwicker shared a great template for others to follow.

C.R is correct. I've been on his site a zillion times for details.
1939 LaSalle 5027
1941 Chrysler Royal Coupe
1934 Oldsmobile F34
1976 Moto Guzzi Convert

Bgrumka 24870

Thanks for the information. I've not found anything on the fzoldcars site yet regarding runningboards, and I see he has runningboard delete on his 39.
I've installed the trunk weatherstrip on the trunk lid, and the hood lacing is done as well.
1940 LaSalle 5067