News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

57' Cadillac Whitch Fuel Sending Unit Is Correct?

Started by Coupe Deville, September 08, 2014, 12:24:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coupe Deville

Hello everyone. Its time to buy a new fuel sending unit for my 57 Cadillac. I started looking online and two on ebay had the best price. The two on ebay are different from each other thou. They both say they are compatible for the series 62 but which one is correct? Unfortunately, I do not have my old one to compare it to. Anyone know? Which one is in your 57?
Here are the two links.

1. http://www.ebay.com/itm/1957-1958-Cadillac-fuel-tank-sending-unit-/350569015470?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A1957%7CMake%3ACadillac%7CModel%3ASeries+62%7CSubmodel%3ABase%7CEngine+-+Liter_Display%3A6.0L&hash=item519f8aa8ae&vxp=mtr

2. http://www.ebay.com/itm/57-58-Cadillac-gas-fuel-tank-sending-unit-NEW-/360924994546?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A1957%7CMake%3ACadillac%7CModel%3ASeries+62%7CSubmodel%3ABase%7CEngine+-+Liter_Display%3A6.0L&hash=item5408ce5bf2&vxp=mtr

Thanks

-Gavin
-Gavin Myers CLC Member #27431
"The 59' Cadillac says more about America than a whole trunk full of history books, It was the American Dream"

Walter Youshock

It's hard to tell from the photos.   As I recall, the float arm has a bend to it but,  if these are new replacements, either could work fine.

The mounting plate of the second one looks more correct to me.
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

59-in-pieces

Gavin,
My knee jerk reaction to buying off Ebay is - don't buy an "also ran" - "fits all" part.
Check out the Master Parts Book or an Exchange Manual to get as close to OEM as possible.
Have fun,
Steve B.
S. Butcher