News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1968 Eldorado Rochester Carburator question

Started by IcebearLars, January 08, 2015, 04:41:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scot Minesinger

Roy,

My apologies, I learned it wrong years ago, red circled item is vacuum breaker, not pull off.  Overall, would consider this a learning post -thanks.
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

R Schroeder

Scot, I have made MANY more mistakes than you, but we all learn from them.
Roy

cadillacmike68

Quote from: Julien Abrahams on January 10, 2015, 01:07:57 PM
I was just wondering if anybody has ever tried whether it makes any difference with regard to performance (or lack thereof) if you disconnect the vacuum dashpot that control the opening of the secondary air valves. A couple of months ago I was playing around with my carb (and an annoying vacuum leak), and just to see if it made any difference, I disconnected the vacuum dash pot that controls the opening rate of the secondary air valve. To me it appeared to make no difference at all.

If you are referring to the green circled item above, that has Nothing to do with opening the secondaries.
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

Julien Abrahams

No, I know :). I was referrnig to the red circled vacuum pull off. I thought that I read in the shop manual that this slows down the opening of the secondary air valve if you would floor the throttle to prevent a lack of fuel. This would make sense as it is directly connected to the air valve.
1954 Cadillac series 62
1967 Cadillac Sedan De Ville HT
1969 Austin Healey Sprite
1979 Opel Kadett

R Schroeder

See reply #19.
There also is a lock out tab , off the choke linkage , that will prevent the secondary's from opening until the choke is fully open.
How fast the secondary upper butterfly opens depends on the number of turns , for tension , on the spring itself.
But the front vacuum break is just for a lock out.
Roy