News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1960 Autronic Eye Wiring

Started by Scott Halver, November 02, 2014, 07:01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott Halver

Does anyone know or remember how the autronic eye is wired ?   I have a lead from under the dash that connects to the "eye" and probably plugs into the "box" but then I'm not sure.   The autronic eye "box" has been missing off the car for a long time.   I bought an autronic eye box from a salvage yard.............with 2 separate leads off the box......   not sure how it wires into the system.    The headlights have been working with the dimmer switch dimming the bright lights.   Thanks,  SHalver #24920   1960 Cadillac
1960 Eldorado Seville, Grandfather Bought New
1970 Corvette Convertible 350/350

Walter Youshock

1960 is Guidematic.  It has the "safety salute" feature where all 4 lamps flash for a second and then dim.  There has to be a separate wire to both high and low beam.  Check the shop manual.   

It's really neat to see it work properly.   It does get the attention of the oncoming driver who neglects to dim his lights.
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

Scott Halver

Really, I did not know that it would give the on-coming driver a "courtesy" flash.   I have the shop manual but I've never read about the courtesy flash.   I appreciate the info.   The shop manual doesn't always answer all of the questions.........  like looking at the wiring diagram, it provides colors of wires but you might not know that three of the four wire come together in one plug and the other wire is in a separate plug.  Thanks for responding,  SHalver #24920
1960 Eldorado Seville, Grandfather Bought New
1970 Corvette Convertible 350/350

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

The "salute" system dims all four headlamps first, followed by the inner two headlights turning off a second later.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute