News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

58 Seville 4 door sedan

Started by tturley, February 01, 2015, 08:04:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tturley

I know it is hard to appraise without seeing but what would be the price range of a 60k miles car .
Mechanically and cosmetically very good. Some loose seams on seats.

How much would value increase if it was a two door?
Member # 28929
1940 Lasalle model 5019
2011 Escalade platinum Edition
1995 Ford F-150
2015 Buick Enclave

C.R. Patton II

Hello Tom

Glad you are interested in another Cadillac.

Most would consider appraising without a personal inspection impossible.  The absence of pictures increases the level of difficulty. Some aspects of an appraisal are drivetrain, interior, chrome, exterior body, electrical, drivability and authenticity.

Is the vehicle a 1958 Deville Sedan?  There was not a 1958 Seville Sedan.  Let's proceed with the 1958 Deville Sedan with 60k miles.  On a scale from 1 to 6 with one as perfect and six as a parts car, you stated the automobile was "very good".  I will presume you are indicating a #2, which would be 22k.  A 2 door Deville with the same characteristics would be 35k.

I hope this information is helpful from the limited information provided.
All good men own a Cadillac but great gentlemen drive a LaSalle. That is the consequence of success.

tturley

Thank you for your quick reply. That price range tells me what I needed.
I know they did not make Sevilles then. my mind was thinking Deville but my fingers typed Seville
Member # 28929
1940 Lasalle model 5019
2011 Escalade platinum Edition
1995 Ford F-150
2015 Buick Enclave

Dan LeBlanc

There was indeed a 1958 Eldorado Seville.  It was the closed version of the 1958 Eldorado Biarritz.  They both had the same styling with the exception of the roof.
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

If you were fortunate enough to find one of the four 1958 Eldorado Seville Sedans ever built, I would think it would be worth a boatload more than the Coupe!   ;D

A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Walter Youshock

The 4 Seville sedans were '57's.   All but one survived as far as I know.  I saw the copper one in person.  There was also one in black, Bahama blue and Starlight silver.  One of them popped up on ebay years ago and didn't do very well pricewise.

Interiors were in the Sedan de Ville style with the Eldorado cloth and leather selections.
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

I stand corrected. They were '57s; not '58s.

Thanks.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute