News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

What is missing here? (1964 SDV)

Started by Sprocket King, February 16, 2015, 06:06:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sprocket King

What is missing from here. There looks light a light or something is supposed to go here. (this is the front drivers side)

Walter Youshock

Guide matic headlight dimmer photocell lens.
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

Sprocket King

Thanks Walter... I'll add the to the list of parts to track-down.

Sprocket King

Any members with one to sell or ideas where to find one would be appreciated... thanks in advance!!

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Hemmings, some online searching and of course, a post in the "Wanted to Buy" section of this forum could certainly not hurt.  :)

Of course, there are also major car swap meets such as Fall Hershey or your local AACA sponsored event(s) but that can be like finding the needle in the haystack. Not impossible, but you'll want your best walking shoes.

*Keep in mind this is a 1964-only part.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

n2caddies

Check with John Oldenburg. Got mine from him, very helpful and knowledgeable.
Randy
Randy George CLC# 26143
1959 Series 62 Convertible
1960 Series 62 Convertible
1964 Deville Convertible
2015 SRX

Sprocket King

Thanks again for the quick answers.

This is my first big resto project. I'm sure to have a thousand more questions in the coming years.

I just pulled my grandfathers 1964 Sedan deVille out of a "barn" where it has been sitting for almost 20 years. Many of the last several years "unsupervised". Perhaps someone helped themselves to this part (along with the orig. hubcaps and skirts).

35-709

1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

76eldo

Factory installs had the sensor concealed in the fender.  Dealer installs had the ray gun on top of the dash pad.

If the rest of the system is not in the car, maybe change out the fender trim with one from a non Autronic equipped car?

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

russ austin

I have the fender tip piece, for non guide-matic cars. It will cover the hole up.

email me at  ruuss85747@hotmail.cm
R.Austin

jagbuxx #12944

A friend of mine had a new lens fabricated for his '64 Convertible from a block of clear plastic or glass. I think a glass shop was able to get the size right and polish it. 
Frank Burns #12944
76 Coupe d'Elegance EFI Galloway Green Firemist
70 deVille Convert San Mateo Red
61 Coupe Deville Bristol Blue
41 Series 61 Deluxe Coupe 6127D Black
08 STS 3.6 1SC  Thunder Gray
16 GTI Gray
03 T-Bird Black
16 Grand Cherokee Summit, Granite
19 Tiffin Phaeton 40AH
07 Corvette Blue
20 MB S450 White

"Whatever the occasion, there
is no better way to arrive than in a Cadillac.

Jason Edge

Hello Sprocket. To add to what has already been stated, the Guidematic Headlamp Beam Control Phototube Lens (Parts group 2.459 Part # 595 5594) is a very unique piece of glass with a double cut beveled/angled cut on the bottom and slight curve and cutout on the top to match the Front Fender Ornament Molding (extension).  It also came with a black gasket to keep the light confined to the photocell.  See picture below for an example of the lens and gasket.

From the many 1964 parts cars I have pulled in they are often broken and cracked but sometimes find a nice original.  I am currently out of the lens, but have the fender extension molding and should have the black gasket.  For this or any other item email me at jasonedge@nc.rr.com and will put you on the Wait List for this or any other items you need.

For any items like this you need also feel free to post on the 1963/64 Cadillac wanted to buy forum at www.wanted.6364cadillac.com

Jason Edge
Lifetime Member
Exec Vice President
1963/64 Cadillac Chapter Director - https://6364cadillac.ning.com
Carolina Region Webmaster - https://cr-clc.ning.com
CLC MRC Benefactor
email - jasonedge64@outlook.com
1964 Coupe DeVille - Sierra Gold - http://bit.ly/1WnOQRX
2002 Escalade EXT - Black
2013 Escalade EXT Premium Edition - Xenon Blue
2022 XT5 Luxury Premium - Dark Moon Blue Metallic

Sprocket King

Jason, thanks for the photo and description.

I did get in touch with John Oldenberg (per n2caddies suggestion) and he was a wealth of info,  and he even had a lens available!!!  :)

Thanks again to everyone.