News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Intermittent blower fan on '73 Calais

Started by Nashville Native, August 12, 2015, 10:08:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nashville Native

Quote from: Scot Minesinger on August 19, 2015, 10:35:33 PM
You don't need the compressor for heat.  If it was 50'F outside in 1973 and the car was in auto set to 72'F the compressor would be running.  Just make sure compressor is not running when it is not hot outside.
Okay, I was confused. Before I had the A/C work done, I turned on the climate control one chilly March evening and the A/C-power steering belt broke, as the compressor locked up.
1973 Calais sedan http://bit.ly/1Qf0Bta RIP

TJ Hopland

On these systems the compressor pretty much runs all the time unless you are in off or econ/vent.   
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

Scot Minesinger

Another way to go is to just unplug electrical connection at clutch during cold weather, then you do not have to worry about it.
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty