News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

To remove converter or not?

Started by CDV13126, August 11, 2015, 07:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger Zimmermann

Quote from: CDV13126 on August 14, 2015, 08:52:37 PM
Bruce, what do you mean by this? That the pellets would blow through the exhaust into the muffler? Once the plug is out, what is the best way to drain the pellets effectively?
I did it once. I removed the cover and let the engine run. All pellets went out; unfortunately, I had a plastic container to catch the pellets which were hot...No good for the container!
There must be a screen at each end of the converter to avoid the pellets to escape. No big deal.
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

TJ Hopland

Seems like I remember seeing pictures of the service tool and it looked like a vacuum cleaner or maybe a vacuum attachment.    I would imagine you were to service it cold but have never really paid close attention.   

I kinda remember that flag thing on our families 76 Pontiac which was about the only car I remember that we got new.   Everything after that had more than 50k on it by the time we got it. 
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason