News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1959 Cadillac Hub Cap Medallion - Center Insert Color

Started by BillR. CLC # 29203, October 31, 2015, 05:40:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BillR. CLC # 29203

Authenticity question:
Were these color coded to the body color of the vehicle they came with or was one color scheme used across the board?
My son's Cadillac came with everything but hubcaps. He located a set in good shape with the predominant color of the insert being white.
Thanks for the assistance.
Bill Rodwick
Bill Rodwick
CLC # 29203

Crew Member:  '59 Sedan Deville Six Window

Jon S

1959's were white. 1958 used the same hubcap and they were red.
Jon

1958 Cadillac Sedan De Ville
1973 Lincoln Continental Coupe
1981 Corvette
2004 Mustang GT

BillR. CLC # 29203

Bill Rodwick
CLC # 29203

Crew Member:  '59 Sedan Deville Six Window

Barry M Wheeler #2189

One reason I didn't like '59s from the git-go. Out of the 50 some Cadillacs I have owned, I have skipped '59-'60 altogether. Leaving more for you guys that like them...
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

59-in-pieces

Barry,
Do I detect a little sour grapes (maybe 59 fin envy).  >:D
And thank you Barry for leaving extras for the rest of us who love our 59's and are not so "FIN-APHOBIC".  >:D
Remembering always that "bigger is better" LOL  >:D
I'm feeling a little devilish after Halloween.  >:D
Have fun,
Steve B.
S. Butcher

Barry M Wheeler #2189

No sour grapes, Steve, nor any envy. I simply don't care for these two years. I confess that I did stop and look at a  1959 dark green six window (see, I even know how to refer to them) years ago when I saw it on the way to work. It had starting issues, so I passed on it.

A good friend that ran an upscale used car lot took a metallic blue 1960 convertible in trade that was a real rust bucket. I don't think I ever even made the trip out back to orphan's row to look at it (for $250.) This was in the very early 1970s.

I do respect all the love and care you guys shower on these two years, and even read the posts about them. I think I did mention the 1960 hardtop in that same medium meta... (Pelham Blue...I had the book out so I looked it up.) that I saw on a side road not too far off I-80 coming back from the Boston GN. So I am not a completely hopeless case. I looked at a map and think it was about 5-7 miles out of Ripley on Hwy 76. It was on the left side of the road in the end part of NY.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Come over to the dark side Barry.  >:D 

Somewhere in there is a '59 demon dying to be turned loose! lol.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute