News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1966 Deville Rochester Carb rebuilt

Started by BranMo103, November 01, 2015, 09:02:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BranMo103

I finally sent my carb off to Daytona Parts in FL and had it rebuilt. (And it looks beautiful I must admit)  8) Now I am putting everything back together.  But I wanted to know if this carb used the metal shim that I have seen in other carb posts.  I kept a good photo and mental memory of everything I removed and in what order, but I do not recall removing a metal shim unless that's what was left with the remainder of a gasket that I scraped off of the intake manifold. Can someone confirm or deny this for me

Lucas Feininger #15674

I'm pretty sure you don't need the shim. Here are the installation instructions from my 1965 Shop Maanual
Lucas Feininger
1965 Sedan de Ville
1965 Eldorado
2014 SRX
CLC #15674

"The only way to travel is Cadillac style"

BranMo103

Thanks Lucas. Now I won't feel so nervous cranking her up tomorrow. I appreciate it.

Jon S

Jon

1958 Cadillac Sedan De Ville
1973 Lincoln Continental Coupe
1981 Corvette
2004 Mustang GT

Julien Abrahams

It is also on the '67 Quadrajet, but I believe that there is a (big) difference between the '67 (and later) and '66 and earlier. Especially with regard to the secondary bores.
I know that on my '67, there is a metal shim. However, it has to do with the underside of the carb being warmed up by exhaust gasses. It works in conjunction with the heat riser (which is missing on my car).
1954 Cadillac series 62
1967 Cadillac Sedan De Ville HT
1969 Austin Healey Sprite
1979 Opel Kadett