News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

32 Lasalle window crank installation

Started by GRH, February 24, 2016, 10:05:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GRH

What holds the window crank on?  The book mentioned a "pin" if so anybody know where to find one or ideas to install?

Johan Boltendal #158

Don't know if the LaSalle is the same as the Cads, with the Cad handles, a small washer like, spring loaded item, holds the handle in place.
Taking off needs a special tool that presses towards the washer and compresses the spring to take the handle  off. That is how it fits at the '32 Cadillac
When you look inside the handle the washer should be visible and can be tested as well. Johan

GRH

DaveZ

When I get home I can take a picture for you. You can make due with a small l shaped probe if I remember correctly. You just need to know where to put it:-)
Dave Z
Regards,
David Zitzmann
1932 345B

DaveZ

Here are a couple pics that may help you along.
Regards,
David Zitzmann
1932 345B