News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1970 DeVille 472 engine, What is the engine worth?

Started by cmwolf, April 10, 2016, 03:15:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmwolf

I have a 1970 DeVille 4 door sedan with a 472 engine for sale. Someone wants to buy just the engine. Can anyone tell me what the engine is worth? I really have no idea. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Chris
850 368-4559
Yorktown, VA

"Cadillac Kid" Greg Surfas 15364

Core engine is worth about $300.00 "delivered"
Greg Surfas
Cadillac Kid-Greg Surfas
Director Modified Chapter CLC
CLC #15364
66 Coupe deVille (now gone to the UK)
72 Eldo Cpe  (now cruising the sands in Quatar)
73 Coupe deVille
75 Coupe deElegance
76 Coupe deVille
79 Coupe de ville with "Paris" (pick up) option and 472 motor
514 inch motor now in '73-

Scot Minesinger

USA Parts in WV generally pays $600 for a parts car wit the engine.

If your car runs and drives, then would not break up the engine selling it separately, because without engine car is almost worthless.  Plus if I was looking for a 472 engine core would much rather buy one from a car that ran, then have it be delivered unknown history at my door.

I'm in VA, where is Yorktown?  Could car be driven to Fairfax, VA?  Are floor pans, trunk pans, front fenders and rear quarters good?  Might be interested in the entire car.
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

Jeff Rosansky CLC #28373

Why are you parting it out? I see parts on it that I have had to buy? Will she run?
If you decide to part it out, please pm me.
Jeff
Jeff Rosansky
CLC #28373
1970 Coupe DeVille (Big Red)
1955 Series 62 (Baby Blue)
Dad's new 1979 Coupe DeVille

Chas

I'm going to get in a bidding war with Scot! No, seriously, see my post under "wanted". Does this thing run? Or am I looking to flatbed it back to NJ?
1967 Coupe DeVille
1970 Coupe DeVille
1976 Coupe DeVille
1983 Coupe DeVille
1977 Harley Cafe Racer
1991 Harley Fat Boy
1957 Harley Hardtail
1949 Lusse Bumper Car
If you're 25 years old and not a liberal, you have no heart. If you're 45 years old and not a conservative, you have no money!

Scot Minesinger

Jeff,

e-mail what parts you need, I might have them. (rscotm@cox.net)

Chas,

I just saw a 1970 Cadillac in VA, same state as me, and thought it would be nice to have.  Got to get the wife to agree to a car she would not consider nice to be on our property for a while, so I would loose a bidding war.
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

cmwolf

It is not running. I haven't really tried.  I originally bought it for a parts car for my other 1970 DeVille, but I haven't touched it. It was sitting for a while in a garage from the old man I bought it from. I pulled it out towed it home and put new tires on it.

Yorktown, Hampton, Newport News is about 3 hours south of Fairfax VA.

Like you said to separate the motor will leave me with a worthless shell. I don't think I'm going to separate. All the glass is good. Rear quarters are solid. There is rust on the front quarter panel behind the wheel.

I asked a guy from an engine shop and he told me $500 for the engine.

cadman56

If you did want to sell it, you may get more for it just for the disc brake set up than you paid for the car.  Pretty pricey for those parts on the Modified Chapter Forum.  Larry
1956 Cadillac Coupe deVille (sold)
1956 Cadillac Convertible (sold)
1956 Cadillac Eldorado Seville (sold)
1967 Cadillac Eldorado (sold)
1968 Cadillac Convertible (Sold)
1991 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham dElegance
Larry Blanchard CLC #5820

cmwolf

Thanks Larry. I will check out that page.

I originally bought this as a parts car for my other DeVille. I know some of these parts can be pricey and hard to find...I just need all those people to arrive at my garage one day and tear this thing apart. Then everyone will be happy.