News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

'68 deville fuel and vent line

Started by Matt 12861, April 18, 2016, 08:18:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt 12861

I should have marked these right away but didn't.  Does any one know off hand which is the vent and which is the line out?  I hate to take it apart again.
thanks,
Matt Givler
Matt Givler #12861

savemy67

Hello Matt,

Based on my '67, and your photo, the line out from the tank is the line at the upper right.  To be certain, you should trace it to the fuel pump.

Christopher Winter
Christopher Winter
1967 Sedan DeVille hardtop

Scot Minesinger

In your picture the one to right is the draw from tank supply line, and the one to left is the return to tank (what you may mean by vent?).  The vent is on front side of tank (and larger like 5/8" or so) with inverted U metal tubing, not part of this assembly.  The supply is a 5/16" and the return is a 1/4", so that should also help identify.

Further, if the gas tank is 3/4 full or less the return line terminates high up and if you mixed the two up the fuel pump will not be able to draw fuel and pump.  Your car will not run after the fuel line empties which may take a few minutes.  If car won't run, switch the lines.  The 5/16" supply line to right in picture is low in tank with a filter sock on it.

Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

Scot Minesinger

two answers the same, so you can probably rely on this info. 
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty