News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1982 Fleetwood Brougham - $250,000?

Started by Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621, June 22, 2016, 07:16:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TJ Hopland

I am amazed it went that high.   Not that ebay is a perfect gauge of the market but 250 to 7 should tell the seller something.  You really wonder what they have into it.   Did they get suckered by someone into paying a crazy number for it or where they just hoping to find a sucker with lots of cash?   
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

So am I.

I don't think the seller is a sucker as much as someone in search of a sucker.

Even if the car did big $$$ on eBay - I doubt the deal would hold together long enough to get the money from the would-be victim in this case - before the buyer's brother-in-law, significant other.... and the Geico dog... all would've been rolling on the floor upon reviewing the proposed deal.

Round II - "ding-ding".
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Eric S. Maypother #15104

About 15-18 years ago I had a NEW Cadillac armored car priced, they still had some 1996 Cadillac Fleetwood's in stock to use as base car, car was $30k and conversion was about $70 I'm going to say.

I don't see used one too often to know average price but I couldn't see 245K for an old one with in adequate motor.

I saw a used 1996 FWB armored within the past year, I don't think it was more than $30k.
Eric :)
1990 Cadillac Brougham