News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1941 6019SF Division Window Question

Started by Virgil Perkins, September 03, 2016, 10:00:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Virgil Perkins

Regarding the 1941 60 Special: Were there any made without electric operated division window? I was under the impression that all 1941 6019SF were electric. Yesterday at Auburn (IN) I came across an 1941 Cadillac 60 Special with a CRANK operated window. The lock on the right side rear door was in the door, like the front instead of in the handle. The back of the front seat was half the width. There was a hole cut in the door jamb for the lock in the door to fit. This looked like someone fabricated it. Did not open the hood to check the vin plate.
Virgil Perkins

Virgil Perkins

Just saw the on line description from Auctions America for this car. It indicates the "serial number shows that it is a 41-60S", so evidently this has been altered and not a 60SF from the factory. Think I answered my own question but if someone knows differently, I would appreciate your response. THANKS, VP
Virgil Perkins

Barry M Wheeler #2189

This is possibly John Larch's car that we flew to TX to inspect. Did it have Hydramatic? His car had a crank window. It was the metallic blue that you show, although I can't recall the red striping. I don't remember checking the lock on the RR door but that was a Lonnggg time ago. Long enough that I flew as Mrs. Fran Larch (On Frannie's ticket) that you sure couldn't do these days.

What was "cool" was that as soon as we got to the garage where the car was, parked a few cars down, was "Brand X." John's 1940 Series 7233 Imperial sedan that he'd sold some time ago, still complete with the fog lamps that I'd sold John.

John always named his cars, including "Old Blue." This was his 1934 Packard convertible that had been featured in a July 1952 issue of Motor Trend as $50 car owned by a teenager. I helped him look through a paint chip book at his kitchen table one evening to pick out the three shades of red that he painted the car. Even though it is now red, his daughter still calls it "Old Blue."

She is one of the children that is interested in her dad's cars after he's gone.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Virgil Perkins

Barry,  it does have an automatic tranny. The red pin stripe could have been added. Listing said "possibly the original interior" and it had that odor. Small world.
Virgil Perkins