News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1974 Fleetwood Brougham Spare tire

Started by ithaca1230, December 07, 2016, 02:43:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ithaca1230

I need to find a rim and tire for the spare and have not been able to source one. Do you guys know what other vehicle I can use as a spare rim. Thanks

TJ Hopland

If you are just looking for something that will fit just about any full size RWD GM from about 70 to 96 will do.  Also 70-mid 90's 10/1500 2x4 trucks.   Earlier you run into the drum vs disc clearance issue.   

Correct and hubcap will fit may be another story.   I don't remember did 74 have the locking wire caps that had the hooks that had to go through the slots?
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

ithaca1230

I have not pulled the wheels yet so I am not sure how the hubcaps are attached. I would love to have a original rim but have not been able to source one.