News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1970 FLEETWOOD AT LAST!

Started by wrefakis, March 04, 2017, 02:09:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wrefakis

Jeff Rosansky CLC #28373

Jeez.
Frank that gray leather is gorgeous.
Jeff
Jeff Rosansky
CLC #28373
1970 Coupe DeVille (Big Red)
1955 Series 62 (Baby Blue)
Dad's new 1979 Coupe DeVille

Maynard Krebs

Right now, there's a '70 teal-blue Fleetwood for sale, just North of Boston [Boston Craigslist].   Owner asking a bit much, IMO: $7500.

Me?  No; I only like '63 - '66, 4-doors.... in LIGHT colors only.   That is rather difficult, esp. in a Fltwd.

chrisntam

1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

cadillacmike68

Nice find Bill!

I had my 1970 Fleetwood Brougham back when I was in college in MA. The local mega discount retailer had owned it. It was all black like yours, and had the right side mirror and a long hood trim, probably from a 1971 eldorado convertible with the stand up ornament. for many years I thought all the 1970 Fleetwoods had that, but eventually I found out that they were eldorado, 71 & later.

Mine had the black cloth & leather combo. As far as major options, it had most; T&T steering wheel, Climate Control, power locks, AM-FM stereo, dual comfort 8 way power seats, Twilight Sentinel and Guidematic auto dimming, rear defogger, power trunk release. It did Not have cruise control or sunroof, or the foot control for the radio.

But, it was a rust belt car, driven all the time. It was 1980 when I got it and there was a lot of frame rust, which I had to have welded up. Then the front fenders started rusting and the back of the wheel wells. Still, I managed to run it for 6 years. I wouldn't mind another.

1968-70, still the best years they ever had.
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Bill,
Great find. You ARE the man to find these jewels. I have a NOS RH mirror that sure would look good on that Fleetwood. Please send me an email at bobscads@comcast.net
Thanks, Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.