News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1970 Cadillac Window Sticker

Started by Caddie1970, January 22, 2011, 06:41:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caddie1970

A few months back I purchased a 1970 Eldorado.  The car had quite a bit of documentation accompanying it when I bought it, but the original window sticker and build sheet were not included. I obtained the factory build information, and have information about the chain of ownership, including the dealer where it was originally delivered (Sim Hudson Cadillac in Burlington, CO, which went out of business around 2003).  But the Cadillac historical services/archive does not have repro window stickers available for the 1970 model year.

I'm wondering if anyone out there has an authentic window sticker for a 1970 Eldorado they'd be willing to send me a scan or photocopy of, so I can see what information appeared on it and how it was formatted.  I have a price list from that period, but would need the destination charge for that particular dealership, also.  If I recall correctly, transport charges still varied by distance from the factory at that time, rather than being a fixed amount for the whole country, like today.

I believe the window stickers were computer generated on impact printers using a cloth ribbon; similar high-volume computer printers are still in use today, so I'm sure I can find a way to print it if I can get the appropriate information.

Ideally, if someone has a window sticker from that particular dealership from that era, or knows what happened to the dealership records when it closed, that'd be outstanding. Alternatively, are there any other sources for reproduction window stickers for 1970 Cads?  I'm drawing blanks in my searches.
Tony Pizzi
CLC #26189
1970 Eldorado
1970 Fleetwood Brougham
2008 STS V8 AWD

jagbuxx #12944

Tony-I sent you some info and stickers via email. Hope it helps.

Frank
Frank Burns #12944
76 Coupe d'Elegance EFI Galloway Green Firemist
70 deVille Convert San Mateo Red
61 Coupe Deville Bristol Blue
41 Series 61 Deluxe Coupe 6127D Black
08 STS 3.6 1SC  Thunder Gray
16 GTI Gray
03 T-Bird Black
16 Grand Cherokee Summit, Granite
19 Tiffin Phaeton 40AH
07 Corvette Blue
20 MB S450 White

"Whatever the occasion, there
is no better way to arrive than in a Cadillac.

Rich S

I had the window sticker for my 1971 Eldorado Convertible reproduced about a year and a half ago by Jack George, and his e-mail address is:

pontiacjack@hotmail.com

I have no affiliation with Jack George, although in my experience, the quality was quite satisfactory and the cost was most reasonable. You may have to do some research to find out your dealership code, the approximate destination charge, etc. Jack George was very helpful throughout the process. I was able to get a regular paper sticker and a "laminated" one, too. The following link will show you a 1976 Cadillac Eldorado Bicentennial window sticker, which may be helpful to examine, although my '71 sticker is smaller and has less infomation (if I recall) too:

http://bicentennialeldorado.com/cadsticker_full.html

Good luck!  :)

Rich Sullivan CLC #11473

1971 Eldo Conv., 2013 CTS Cpe

Caddie1970

Thanks, guys.  This is a big help!
Tony Pizzi
CLC #26189
1970 Eldorado
1970 Fleetwood Brougham
2008 STS V8 AWD

Davidinhartford

Tony,

How did your reproduction sticker come out?   Got any pics for us?

Caddie1970

I confess to not having paid attention to this topic for some time, as you can tell.

The reproductions for 1970 Cadillac window stickers that I could find in 2011 were usually 1969 but with the 1970 information. I did find a few photos of original 1970 stickers, but they were pretty indistinct and looked to be in poor shape. This wasn't unusual, since most dealers wouldn't carefully steam or soak them off unless you simply took delivery with the sticker on and did it yourself. (That's what I did when buying from inventory. If I special ordered, I demanded that they not attach he sticker.) Typically, they were scraped off without a second thought. After all, who'd be silly enough to want that crap, or things like the tags under the hood or on various accessories...? 😏

I haven't checked back in a number of years. Since then, I've purchased three more 1970 Cadillacs, two Fleetwood Broughams, and a severely damaged Eldorado, but heavily optioned, that I planned to pull a few items from for my car. It's presently in a storage locker awaiting its fate, after which I plan to sell the remainder to a place like US Parts Supply (if they'll have it). I did investigate getting it repaired from its collision damage with the previous owner, but the cost would be prohibitive for a 1970 Eldorado. So, sadly, it is a goner.
Tony Pizzi
CLC #26189
1970 Eldorado
1970 Fleetwood Brougham
2008 STS V8 AWD

chrisntam

Here's a sticker I bought off eBay a year or two ago.  It is reportedly from a '70, I assume because the VIN is B0xxxxxxx

1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

Caddie1970

Thanks, Chrisntam! Yes! That's by far the clearest one I've seen, and it is undoubtedly a 1970 sticker!

Could you give me the exact dimensions, width and height, so I can scale it?

I know that it's unlikely I'd ever be able to track down every bit of the information that would have been on the window sticker, like the delivery point and the delivery charge, which, in those days, varied with distance rather than being a fixed charge. Nonetheless, I think it'd be cool to display it in or next to the car at shows.
Tony Pizzi
CLC #26189
1970 Eldorado
1970 Fleetwood Brougham
2008 STS V8 AWD

chrisntam

I'll do it when I return from work later this afternoon.

Here's a link to another thread and to a member who can reproduce these.

http://forums.cadillaclasalleclub.org/index.php?topic=141970.0

I haven't done it yet, it's on my to do list.

chris.
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

chrisntam

It's real close to 8 3/8 by 5 3/8 (inches)
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas