News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Air Control Valve - 1990 Seville - Service engine soon

Started by erik.lavalle, August 28, 2017, 05:43:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

erik.lavalle

Hi all - any resources to either find the apparently discontinued part, to rebuild these air control valves, or to short circuit the computer control module to get the dash light to go off? My dealership can't find the part, nor did some of the larger Cad parts companies, but they did say it wasn't hurting anything, but the light is annoying. The part number is 17090215.

TJ Hopland

Air suspension?   Did you check Strutmasters?   Seems like they were a company that made non air replacement struts for many applications and part of the set was a plug in module to make the computer happy. 
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

Series75

I think you are referring to the AIR valve assembly that manages the pollution system, not the air shock pump correct?    If so, then please check the vacuum lines running to the ports on the valve assembly.   They dry out and effectively become useless.  You'll notice as soon as you touch them the black material transfer to your fingers.   Replace those and you may solve your problem.   Do you know how to enter the troubleshooting mode to reset the warning lamp?

erik.lavalle

Hey there - yes, I am referring to the emissions control system, not suspension. I haven't checked those hoses, I can confirm with the dealership that that isn't the issue. Assuming it's not, I still need to see if someone can either rebuild these components or supply something that performs the same function.

Series75

Remember it could also be a check valve, or AIR pump.