News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Primary vs touring?

Started by JoeKarasinski, August 27, 2017, 11:05:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeKarasinski

I'm  thinking of taking my 41 to the fall festival at the Gilmore. She's never been on a trailer. My dad drove her from Detroit to Kansas City in 2010 or 2011. She needs her steering wheel restored and a couple other things done too so I know she ain't perfect. Do I have it judged touring or primary?

Barry M Wheeler #2189

You might try touring if she needs a reasonable amount of detailing. I've asked to judge that era so I will be interested in seeing her. I entered touring myself and hope that the car is not too "good." I've done a lot since last year and hope I won't be disqualified by scoring too high. I don't have a Delco battery and have some nicks and scratches here and there and haven't painted my wheel rims either. So I hope I'll have enough deductions to hold me down a little.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Jeff Hansen

Barry,

There is no longer a maximum score in the Touring Division so there is no need to worry about scoring too high.  No one is disqualified in any judging division based on too high a score.  I see no reason not to enter your Seville in the Primary Division.

Mr. Karasinski, I saw your car when your Dad had it at the Grand National in Kansas City in 2010.  A beautiful automobile!  Without knowing what the car specifically needs now, it is hard to offer an opinion as to which division you should enter.  The best advice I can give you is to download the judging manual from the Club's website and read Appendix D.  This is a guide to how many points will be taken off for various items during judging.  You may also find chapters 8 and 9 of interest.

I hope this is helpful to you.  I really hope to see your car at the Fall Festival!

Jeff
Jeff Hansen
1941 6019S Sixty Special
1942 7533 Imperial Sedan

Barry M Wheeler #2189

Joe, Early in the morning, I don't see so well, so I did not see your name. I was the one who suggested to your dad to paint your car Brava Brown. As I remember the car, it should do well in primary and it will be my privilege to judge it, should I be assigned that class.

Your dad and I sat together at the ball game one evening in KC and had a great time.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Bob Schuman

Joe,
I remember seeing the car at the 2010 Kansas City GN and it was beautiful then. Unless it now shows some deterioration or aging, my vote is for it to be in the Primary class. Even though there is no longer a penalty for scoring too high in Touring, that car is just too nice for Touring class, in my opinion. Good luck.
Bob Schuman
Bob Schuman, CLC#254
2017 CT6-unsatisfactory (repurchased by GM)
2023 XT5

JoeKarasinski

Ok, thanks guys. We'll go primary. Just booked my room. Unfortunately too late for the group rate.