News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1962 CADILLAC ELDORADO TRIM CODE TAG

Started by maitairon, August 13, 2017, 04:09:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maitairon

HI...I HAVE A 1962 ELDORADO AND HAS ALMOST ALL OPTIONS. I WAS ASKED WHY ON THE TRIM PLATE THERE IS NO "C" UNDER ACC FOR CRUISE CONTROL. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHY THIS COULD BE? THE CRUISE CERTAINLY LOOKS CORRECT AND ORIGINAL AND WORKS. THANK YOU...RON
1962 Eldorado
1957 Cadillac series 62 conv.

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Cruise control could have been installed at the dealership.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Dan LeBlanc

Not all all accessories installed at the factory had them listed on the cowl tag either. I have a 61 Fleetwood parts car that had cruise listed on the build sheet and not on the cowl tag.
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

quadfins

Many of the options came in "Basic Groups" or "Equipment Groups". As Dan stated, not all options are listed on the body tag. As an example, I have never seen a body tag that listed Guidematic, yet many cars had it. same with whitewall tires.

There seems to be no discernable patter, although there might have been a rationale at the time. Only the build sheet will truly indicate what a particular car had.

Jim
Jim Eccleston
1961 Coupe de Ville
BATILAC
Senior Crown
DeCou Driving Award x 4

wrefakis

the options listed on body tag are body plant items only
chassis options like cruise or tri power never listed on body tag
car produced in 2 separate factories

maitairon

Hi.  And thank you to everyone who replied. I really appreciate it.  Ron