News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Information on Selling an Eldorado

Started by C Stenerson, September 07, 2017, 05:19:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C Stenerson

I am the second owner of a 1976 Eldorado with 32k miles located in the Northwest.  Who would you
recommend I list it with?  Thank you very much.

C Stenerson

D.Smith

You mean like a National Club that specializes in people who collect older Cadillacs?   
One that has a FOR SALE section of their message board?   

Dan LeBlanc

My thoughts exactly, Dave.  Very captive audience right here.
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Might look into listing on eBay as well.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Carl Fielding

Where in the Northwest are you ? I would think placing an ad through The Pacific Northwest and/or Mt Hood regional chapters could be the easiest logistical way to come to a mutually satisfactory sale. Advertising nationally in the Self Starter is a very good way to find an eager next owner. These cars are becoming recognized for the fantastic machines they really are. A 32,000 mile well kept example is just perfect for a reliable driver. Plenty of miles left to enjoy. Please tell us more about yours. The more detail the better. Pictures , and plenty of them inside and out , will determine the interest level more than the proverbial 1000 words. In any case , by all means try selling the car yourself first if that is convenient for you. I am in Seattle , and Ellensburg. Are you nearby ?  - Carl  ,  408-621-8261 if you like.

P.S. I have had 5 of these 500 cu. in. FWD convertibles , and one coupe. Since 1979 I have used them as daily drivers , and long distance cruisers. Even modified one for EXTENSIVE excursions ALL OVER Mexico and Baja. Absolutely astonishing mechanical platforms capable of far more than most owners ever realize. As I have often pointed out , simply by purchasing the most expensive , state of the art performance tires available , and inflating them as per current understanding , you become aware of what a magnificent vehicle Cadillac conjured up. You ought to see the tires I used for Mexico. Thanks for giving me an opportunity to sing this old song again. And thank you VERY MUCH for giving Cadillac/LaSalle guys and gals first opportunity for your car.

kkarrer

You'd want to list it on Hemmings Motor News as well.
Ken Karrer
CenTex CLC Reg. Dir.