News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Need definition of odd tool

Started by emiller1313, December 30, 2017, 09:27:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

emiller1313

Could anybody give the the name of the small tool in the photo's?  It is possibly a drafting aid or an assembly tool....?
emillerjobemail addresses not permitted
emiller

TJ Hopland

I'm thinking some sort of assembly or service tool.   What is the most curious to me is those knobs where one points up and one down or do those unscrew and can be inserted both from the same direction?   

What ever it does I bet its really hard to fix one without it.
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

emiller1313

The screw thread shown is both left and right so rotating its knob moves the "jaws" in or out while the sliding posts keep them essentially parallel.
emiller
emiller

chrisntam

1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

Caddyholic

I got myself a Cadillac but I can't afford the gasoline (AC/DC Down Payment Blues)

1961 Series 62 Convertible Coupe http://bit.ly/1RCYsVZ
1962 Coupe Deville

Bobby B

They are Parallel Balance and Truing Calipers, made in France. Used mostly by Watchmakers/Jewelers  ;) ....
                                                                                                               Bobby
1947 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible Coupe
1968 Mustang Convertible
1973 Mustang Convertible
1969 Jaguar E-Type Roadster
1971 Datsun 240Z
1979 H-D FLH

emiller1313

Sunday, December 31st, 2017
Dear Bobby B:
Thank you for the responsive message.
With your putting a label on it I Googled the phrase and below is the identical item popping up on eBay.
Now at least I've a label to put on it.   Next problem is to find someone who can make use of it properly!
Elliot Miller (305) 861-1313 - Realtor
emiller@the-beach.net
emiller at the hyphen beach dot net

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Watchmakers-Balance-Parallel-Caliper-/262121932293
emiller

Bobby B

Quote from: emiller1313 on December 31, 2017, 05:15:26 PM
Dear Bobby B:
Thank you for the responsive message.
With your putting a label on it I Googled the phrase and below is the identical item popping up on eBay.
Now at least I've a label to put on it.   Next problem is to find someone who can make use of it properly!

You're Welcome & Good Luck selling it!
                                           Bobby

1947 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible Coupe
1968 Mustang Convertible
1973 Mustang Convertible
1969 Jaguar E-Type Roadster
1971 Datsun 240Z
1979 H-D FLH