News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

60 Fender skirt

Started by Skwerly62, March 14, 2018, 09:34:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skwerly62

I have a spare fender skirt for my 60. Friend of a friend has a 64 in need of one. Don’t want to steer him wrong, will the 60 fit the 64? Thanks!
1958 Extended Deck 62 Sedan SOLD
1960 Coupe - current project
USCG Vet - Fly CG!

Barry M Wheeler #2189

Even without a parts list, I can tell you that it will not exchange. This is a minor trim item and making a new one to match the contours of the body would just be in a day's work for the design team. There were several major body changes in those four years. Creases appeared and disappeared, everything would have been different. Sorry.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Skwerly62

Thank you Mr Wheeler! That’s what I thought.
USCG Vet - Fly CG!

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

1960 skirt interchanges with 1959 so hold onto it!
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Eric,
My memory says that's not correct.
Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

David Greenburg

My parts book agrees that '59 and '60 are not the same.  Different part nos. for '59 and '60, as well as different part no. for '60 Eldo and Fleetwood. And the latches are slightly different; '59 latch can be easily operated by hand while '60 needs a tool.  Not sure why they changed it; maybe to make them harder to steal?
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville
'61 Fleetwood Sixty Special

Skwerly62

Thanks for the hearty discussion. I went to clean it up in the blast cabinet and it was FAR from restorable. Held together with fiberglass and undercoating!
USCG Vet - Fly CG!