News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1966 Cadillac

Started by DAVID E, July 02, 2018, 12:39:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DAVID E

I am looking at purchasing 1966 Cadillac  Fleetwood with about 63,000 miles all original. very good condition.
need to find how to figure out what model it is and the value of the car. The car sat in storage a long time. I did get it running. If anyone can give any input or advice I would appreciate.

tripwire

Post a picture of the data plate.  That will identify the car.  Post a bunch of pictures of the car and you'll get some valuation opinions. 

Wes in VT
Driving now:
2023 XT4 Luxury
1940 LaSalle 5229 C4D

A few I used to drive:
1976 Cadillac Ambulance
1969 Cadillac Hearse, Superior Body
1966 Buick Wildcat Hearse
1957 Ford Thunderbird x 3, 1 E code, 2 D code
1956 Oldsmobile Rocket 88 Sedan
1949 Mercury Convertible
1949 Mercury Coupe, Mild Custom
1936 Buick Special Sedan

Mike Baillargeon #15848

Hi David, try to get a picture of the body ID tag under the hood, it's on the cowl.....then post that picture here.

That will be a good start on figuring out what you have there.

Mike
Mike
Baillargeon

D.Smith

If it has a metal roof it is a Fleetwood Sixty Special.   If it has a vinyl roof and rear footrests it is a Fleetwood Brougham.   Providing that it is all original.

James Landi

By the way David, 1966 was a terrific year for Cadillac-- with wood trim  and loaded with comfort, convenience, and a fabulously smooth, quiet ride.  If it's in relatively good condition and has not been abused, this would be a terrific occasional car to cherish and lavish some investment dollars upon.  But please be aware that a car that's over 50 years old with such few miles will absolutely require some investment dollars to make safe for you and others, and also some of that investment will need to be spent on flushing old fluids, cleaning fuel tank and lines, radiator descaling, new hoses, as well as getting the heating and air conditioning working, not to mention tires, brake cylinders, brake lines.  So whatever the initial investment, you must have the additional resources to do this right, not only for the safety of you and your family but also for preserving the car so it can live a long life and provide you with great joy.  Happy day, James

cadillacmike68

If the VIN starts with an M it is a 60 special. If it starts with a P it is a Brougham
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike