News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Need new tires for my '96 Fleetwood

Started by Chuck Swanson, August 02, 2018, 10:18:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck Swanson

Any recommendations?  What were the typical brands for the 235/70 R 15 tires on this car?  Looking for same WW size?
Thanks!  Chuck
CLC Lifetime
AACA Lifetime
Like 65-66 Club: www.facebook.com/6566Cadillac
66 DeVille Convertible-CLC Sr Wreath, (AACA 1st Jr 2021, Senior 2022, 1st GN 2022 Sr GN 2023), Audrain Concours '22 3rd in Class.
66 Sedan DeVille hdtp
66 Calais pillar sedan
66 Series 75 9-pass limo
65 Eldorado (vert w/bucket seats)
65 Fleetwood
07 DTS w/ Performance pkg.
67 Chevy II Nova (AACA Sr GN 2018)
69 Dodge Coronet R/T

TMoore - NTCLC

Hi Chuck -

It is getting difficult to find the correct size tire (235-70-15) with a whitewall for these cars.  The last set I bought was GT Radial Maxtour, which I was able to order thru Discount Tire, and they were reasonably priced at the time.  My car is a driver, not a show car, and the whitewall on these tires is a bit smaller than original, but it looks far better than a blackwall tire. The store did not stock them, but they were able to have them shipped in - here is a link to the tire:

https://www.discounttire.com/tires/brands/gt-radial-catalog?q=%3Arelevance%3AsideWallDescription%3AWhite+Wall&text=

It may be worth a trip to the store to discuss options with a manager instead of a phone call.

Many owners are putting either 225-75-15 or 235-75-15 tires on these cars since the size varience is minimal, and there are far more whitewall options in these more common sizes - search the site for more information:

http://forums.cadillaclasalleclub.org/index.php?topic=122043.0

And of course, there are the vintage tire folks (DiamondBack or Coker or others) that will make just about anything you want.

Tod

cadillactim

I put the Hankook 235-75-15 on my 95 FW. Paid about $400. Came with whitewall. Got them from a local vendor who ordered them in. Car sits a little higher with them.

Tim
Tim Groves

nysdarkblue

Hi, 1st to answer your question, if you have one, get a hold of a brochure for your car. it should say there what tires came with your car. If you can't find one, check on EBAY. 2nd, if you can't find your tire, check with Diamondback Tires, they duplicated my tires that came with my car, Uniroyal Royal Seals.
Bill Estes
1990 Cadillac Brougham
2008 Cadillac DTS
2015 SRX

Scot Minesinger

Yes I drove a 1995 FWB RWD to 254k miles back in the day.  Always bought the 235/75, never the 235/70 because the 70 series was twice the price and no one ever noticed the difference. 

You can buy this tire from Diamondback, and they will be about $1,100 delivered to your facility for install.  I have not enjoyed much good fortune with Hankook.
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

cadillacmike68

I have used hankooks of the 68 and 96 and a CTS. No issues with any.

The 95-96 came with either michelins or goodyears (optional). Neither maker even makes a car tire in 235-70-15 any more. Any whitewall 3/4 in or wider should be ok.

You can also still get vouges, but they are over $700 for a set of 4
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

Chuck Swanson

Thanks All!  This will be a driver, but I like to put close to original on anyway :)  Plus I like the WW.  I haven't got any brochures, manuals on this car yet.  Registered/Insured, but have only driven sparingly after getting this car back in April.  Thanks, Chuck
CLC Lifetime
AACA Lifetime
Like 65-66 Club: www.facebook.com/6566Cadillac
66 DeVille Convertible-CLC Sr Wreath, (AACA 1st Jr 2021, Senior 2022, 1st GN 2022 Sr GN 2023), Audrain Concours '22 3rd in Class.
66 Sedan DeVille hdtp
66 Calais pillar sedan
66 Series 75 9-pass limo
65 Eldorado (vert w/bucket seats)
65 Fleetwood
07 DTS w/ Performance pkg.
67 Chevy II Nova (AACA Sr GN 2018)
69 Dodge Coronet R/T

cadillacmike68

Quote from: nysdarkblue on August 03, 2018, 05:24:19 PM
Hi, 1st to answer your question, if you have one, get a hold of a brochure for your car. it should say there what tires came with your car. If you can't find one, check on EBAY. 2nd, if you can't find your tire, check with Diamondback Tires, they duplicated my tires that came with my car, Uniroyal Royal Seals.

1990 took 225-75-R15 which is still readily available (but not from uniroyal) in WW.

If you want the 235-70-R15 you have Very Few options. If you're willing to put 235-75-R15, you still have a few choices.

Hey at least the DBs aren't as expensive as the 255-45-18s that the STS took for the rear.  :o
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike